“Best cinnamon buns”

Friends Near the Pier
Ranked #3 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Placencia
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Friends is a Breakfast Restaurant located near the municipal pier on the ocean side of the boardwalk in the Village of Placencia, Belize.
Reviewed February 11, 2014

They have the best homemade cinnamon buns ever. Really good pancakes too. They only serve breakfast, but do it well. Reasonable prices

Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed the friendly service, treats you like a part of their own family. Delicious large portioned meals like the tropical pancakes - three fluffy plate sized pancakes topped high with bananas, coconut shavings and pineapple. A perfect start to our day!

Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

Great food and drink, the owners are very friendly, and it is affordable. Can't go wrong! The tropical pancakes are great.. as was the random sample of banana bread.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I had breakfast here twice and it was delicious. Fluffy pancakes and really good omelets. I would recommend breakfast.

So I decided to have my laundry done. I dropped it off in the morning, and the promised that it would be there by the evening because we told him that we were returning to the states the next morning really early. I went back at 3pm, 5pm and 7pm and it was closed everytime. I ended up going back at 9:30pm, asking around to find out where they live, and stopping by their house to ask them to get my laundry. When they opened the door to the laundry, my laundry bag was filled with half of my stuff, and was mixed with their towels and some other person's clothes. The rest of my clothes were in another bag. Needless to say, by 10pm that night, I fought hard to get my clothes back. Their son told me that they were at the bar playing horseshoes until late and consequently failed to get my laundry done as promised. They are a very nice family and Im sure it was unintentional. But I almost had to leave my clothes in Belize. I would look elsewhere for laundry....

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Big John and Betty do a bang up job. Their menu is simple but appeals to everyone. Fresh squeezed fruit juices and the best French toast around. We had breakfast there three times in two weeks. Wish we could have gone more. While we were there at Christmas the employee that they have serving was away visiting family for Christmas. John and Betty were doing everything. Just sit down, order up, enjoy each others company and when the food arrives enjoy.