“Cute little bowling alley”

Jaguar Bowling Lanes
Ranked #1 of 4 Nightlife in Placencia
More attraction details
Owner description: Come visit Jaguar Lanes. We are a Family Friendly & Adult Fun experience. We have four regulation 10 pin lanes (just like your favorite bowling alley back home) and automatic pinsetters. We have bowling shoes, socks, and balls for you. You can just drop by or call ahead to reserve a lane. Hungry? How about the best pizza in Belize! We also make delicious 1/4 Pound Hamburgers, BBQ Sandwiches, BBQ Nachos, and Hand Cut Fries. You can dine in or order take out. Thirsty? We offer Beer, Soda, Fruit Juice, and Cocktails. Why don't you try our famous Jaguar Lanes Rum Punch? I promise you will want more than one. Do you want to host a private party? For a very reasonable price, you can have a bowling party for your birthday, wedding, office party, or just any excuse for a good time. Did you have a hot day on the beach? Come enjoy our Air-conditioning. We are also a great way to spend a rainy day. Looking for a place to watch NFL, NBA, College Sports, NHL, Football (soccer), or MMA? We will have it on our two flat screen tv's from broadcasts worldwide.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Right across the street from Maya Beach Hotel. Excellent desserts and pizza. If you've never seen a bowling alley with a mahogany ceiling and jungle murals, check it out!

1  Thank Duffy T

Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

We were unable to bowl as the lanes were being maintained for leagues but did get a tasty pizza. My children were so excited to eat pizza in Belize. The staff was very friendly and understanding of my "can't sit still" boys. Next time we plan to bowl and are looking forward to it.

2  Thank Purplevega
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We enjoyed the some what odd nature of Placencia to find a bowling. It was fun and a welcome change of pace from the expedition.

1  Thank BernardBarbour
Reviewed March 23, 2013

OK... to be honest we didn't get a chance to do either of the three yet.... we met Bob and Pam and talked about the place. On a golf cart ride to Maya Beach we stopped in and took a look around. The place is fabulous! I wish we had made time to bowl. Wednesday's is Ladies Day and I hear it's a great time to practise up on those shots. Next time I'm in the area... I plan to make a date to bowl. In the meantime... keep up the good marketing!!! Your place is fabulous!

1  Thank Maltgirl57
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Who would've thought that you could BOWL in Belize? The weather was not conducive for snorkeling or water play, so we chose to rent a golf cart and head to Jaguar Lanes for ladies' afternoon on Wednesday. It was spectacular! We drove there, saw the beautiful wood building, walked in, and fell in love. My traveling companion has bowled few times in her life and has an aversion to wearing other people's shoes, but the shoes were relatively new, the other bowlers were having a marvelous time (there was a women's league competing but we joined right in and they maintained their paper score cards separately). I had a Bellikin -- which is great in the middle of the day when you're on vacation. We only bowled one game, but it was highly pleasurable. The bartender was friendly and helpful; met the owner and he loves what he does. This is reportedly the only bowling alley in Belize. Don't miss it! You'll be glad that you went. The lanes are well maintained; I had difficulty finding a ball that fit my fat fingers but hey, it's only four lanes and I didn't expect to see a thousand balls. I bowled almost my average and had a fabulous time chatting with the folks there. If the weather isn't perfect, drive out there!!!

2  Thank larsen57