“Great Bar Food with a View”
Review of Mango

Mango
Ranked #27 of 73 Restaurants in Placencia
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Bar Food with a View”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We had a fantastic lunch at Mangos while staying in nearby Seing Bight. The food was really great, highly recommend the peel and eat shrimp and the conch fritters. Great place to grab a drink while enjoying beautiful ocean views.

• Visited February 2013

Calgary, Canada
“Breezy bar with great food and view”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Mangos is a very easy,casual place to hang out. The music isn't loud, the menu is varied, the staff are friendly and helpful, and other patrons are fun to hang out with.
The food is well-prepared pub-grub; their pizza is great, and their bacon and avocado salad was refreshing. The location on the beach, high up so the breeze blows through, is perfect.

• Visited February 2013
Ramstein
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Incredible view.”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Had the red snapper dinner special, it was wonderful...went perfect with a couple of draft Belikins. Will definitely go back.

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
“misleading!!”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

The staff at the restaurant misleads the guests about the food and the beverage rates and are not forth right and truthful about the packages offered. The food is also not good and neither is the service.

Vancouver
“Best Kept Secret Restaurant (Mango's at Maya Beach)”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

On my most recent trip to Placencia Belize a local building suggested that we go for lunch with him. He asked whether we had ever eaten at Mango's in Maya Beach and the wife and I both said no. He drove us to Maya Beach where we pulled up in front of a fairly unasuming building which at first glance I was not sure if I wanted to chance eating there. We went into the the small establishment and were introduced to the owner Frank Da Silva who proceeded to tell us that he guaranteed everything on the menu would be great. Our dining partner told us that this is the best place on the whole pennisula so we proceeded to check out the menu. Our host ordered the pork chops, the wife wanted snapper fish and I ordered the blue cheese stuffed hamburger. Well nothing could have prepared me for what I saw when the meals were served. The pork chops were special cut at 1 1/2" thick and perfectly cooked, the fish dinner was a portion which looked more like a plater and the hamburger was so large that I was challenged to figure out how I was going to eat it. I must say that Frank was not stretching the truth when he said that everything on the menu was great as all our meals were coked to perfection and tasted delicious. I am looking forward to my next trip to Belize and I can asure you that Mango's will be one of my first stops to be amazed by Frank's cooking skills. I just went to show me that I should not judge something by how it looks on the outside or I would have missed the dining experience.