“Enlightenment on the Beach”
Review of A Belizean Nirvana

A Belizean Nirvana
Ranked #1 of 27 Placencia B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Wonderful value. Virtually our own beach and lovely swimming daily. Comfortable rooms with WiFi, TV, all modern facilities. Free bicycles and kayaks. Free continental breakfasts. Sit on the verandah and watch the waves. Truly magnificent and highly recommended.

Room Tip: Come soon before the millions descend upon Placencia
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RovingMike123
Evan H, Owner at A Belizean Nirvana, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thank you - we are glad that our property lived up to its name "Nirvana" hope to see you again.

There are newer reviews for A Belizean Nirvana

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

This was our first time to Placencia and we were so glad that we chose to stay at the Nirvana. The owners Evan and Barbara were so friendly and helpful! The hotel is beautifully decorated and the view and location are amazing. The breakfast each morning was also great! We will be back to Placencia and the Nirvana next year!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank taaagbu

Can't wait to see you guys again next year. Our goal is to make you feel special each and every time you stay with us.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

It was my first time at the Nirvana. The beach front is great. The owners, the manager as well as the employees treated us with love, family love. The breakfast on the roof top was very tasty. The rooms are well set up, clean and has a touch of class. The kids had their own space and enjoyed the beach and kayak. What was really nice is the card with a picture of the hotel that the owners had on the bed, with our names on it upon arrival. It created a true welcoming feeling! The stay was perfect and we will definitely go back to A Belizean Nirvana.

Room Tip: Peaceful, with much privacy.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Maria G
Evan H, Owner at A Belizean Nirvana, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

We look forward to when you and your family come back to visit us. Our goal is to make you feel special when you stay with us at A Belizean Nirvana.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

In our opinion, the best hotel in Placencia! Met by one of the owners at the airport. Short tour of the town with helpful suggestions about where to eat. Hotel is relaxing, with many nice touches in the room. Internet service is reliable. Breakfast was plentiful ... The meat pies are truly a treat! We will go back to Placencia again with plans the take advantage of the many opportunities to go snorkeling, diving and/ or trips out to the cayes. When we do, no doubt we will return to (the) Nirvana!

Room Tip: I would recommend the room we had, the Oleander room on the first floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pvon

We look forward to your visit again next year. Thank you for the review

Reviewed August 6, 2013

This was our first time staying at Nirvana. It is a great hotel located right on the beach. The owners were very accommodating and treated us like family. The room was beautiful with our own balcony and we were greeted each morning with a complimentary breakfast. We were able to enjoy the free kayaks and gym. The cable and internet were great! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will look forward to returning again next year!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FredrickHalliday
Evan H, Owner at A Belizean Nirvana, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Thank you Fredrick and Susan. I wish you all the best and hope that you will come back and visit us again.

The Nirvana team!!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I am an avid traveller and have been to many different countries around the globe, so I know excellent service when I see it.

From the moment I stopped by the office to inquire about a room on a Sunday afternoon, I was greeted by Barbara, the owner, She was extremely friendly and very welcoming. Within just a few minutes of checking in and getting settled into my room she invited me to join her and her husband Evan to go fishing with them. What a treat that was! I have never been fishing in my life! I absolutely enjoyed their company, they made me feel like part of the family. We caught 3 fish and I got to even reel one in!! Evan is also an amazing cook, I was also treated to some home cooked stew chicken with rice and beans before heading out to sea.

I stayed in the Morning Glory room, upstairs, next to the Namaste suite which is where Barbara and Evan live. I am a solo female traveller so it really felt safe and secure knowing they were right next door to me.

The suite consists of a kitchen with everything you would need from coffee maker, tea kettle, toaster, fridge, microwave, utensils, you name it they have thought of it. The bathroom has a stand up shower with plenty of nice lush towels, you also have beach towels in your room!! So you don't have to go and look for someone and ask for them. The sheets on the bed at 5000 thread count, soooo comfy and clean. Flat screen TV, AC, ceiling fans, nice luxurious furniture inside and outside the suite. The outdoor patio has hooks for 2 hammocks overlooking the beautiful sea. I could sit out there all day listening to the waves crashing. It is so peaceful and relaxing. I sat on the patio every morning with my coffee and watched the staff rake the beach. Even the beach is kept immaculate!

I am absolutely impressed with everything Belizean Nirvana has to offer! It feels like a 7 star boutique hotel, from service to amenities, everything was perfect!!!!

I budgeted to stay for only 2 nights but like I said I am sooo impressed and feel so good here, I stayed and extra night. I could honestly live here, it is that good! I honestly cannot think of anything negative to say or point out.

Free Bonuses are: free bike use, free kayaks, free sunscreen, free pick up and drop off from Placencia airstrip, free continental breakfast

I am so sad to leave and hope I can return one day.

Thank you Barbara and Evan for making my stay so enjoyable, keep up the excellent job!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank HanaAlwan
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed our second visit at Belizean Nirvana, Placencia, Belize, June 8 - 10. Evan and his staff have added some amenities that made our stay even better than before! At Belizean Nirvana, one can enjoy a pristine beach area, raked daily and adorned with high end loungers. The semi-private verandas boast comfortable furniture, hammocks, and a laundry line. There's also an outdoor shower attached to each lower level porch! Inside the rooms, you'll find beautiful, top-quality furnishings, cabinetry, huge tiled shower, and a safe for visitors' use. The rooms are extremely rooftop, partially covered veranda where breakfast is served every morning. The palette-pleasing breakfast consists of boiled eggs, homemade breads, meat pies, fresh fruit and juice, cheeses, and tasty Belizean coffee! We dealt with Evan's lead staff member Caroline. She was always friendly and helpful. A Belizean Nirvana is a top-notch place to stay in Belize. We will return!

Room Tip: The views from all levels of this 3-story hotel are amazing. Every room was planned out and is tende...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family