“Great Stay at Nirvana”
Review of A Belizean Nirvana

A Belizean Nirvana
Ranked #1 of 27 Placencia B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 5, 2012

My wife and our teenage daughter and I spent two nights at Nirvana in July. We had a fantastic condo with the beach directly outside the front door. We were the only guests at Nirvana, yet we felt very safe. Management and owners are very helpful. Plenty of dining choices close by. We drove to Placentia from Belmopan. Nirvana provided us with a secure parking area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed December 4, 2012

If you are looking for a spot that will not break the bank and offer all the comforts of home, Nirvana is the place to go.I spent 9 days in Belize visiting different regions and resorts, Nirvana was the third resort I visited. Located in the Southern part of Belize, Nirvana is a beach side oasis. With 3 one bedroom suites,including a full kitchen, dinning area and separate bedroom, you have all the comforts of home. Excellent for a family of four. The living room has one of the most comfortable futon beds I've ever slept on. I liked the fact that you have access to the bathroom from the living room without having to go through the bedroom. There are 3 of these units on the first floor. They all have a front porch with beautiful Rattan Furniture. If you have a large group, the units have connecting doors in each room for easy access. On the second floor, there are 2 units. An Efficiency Apartment and1 King Bedroom Suite with a full size Jacuzzi tub, and a kitchen to die for. There is also a roof top area where you can BBQ, sunbath, exercise or just relax and watch the sunset. A gym, kitchenette and free internet calling rounds off this paradise roof top area. There is an elevator for the handicapped which is smartly concealed to look like an ordinary door. (You can see them on You Tube, Studio Apt at Nirvana, Master Suite at Nirvana and Nirvana Roof Top.)
Management at Nirvana is overseen by a wonderful woman named Carol. Humble and helpful, Carol will assist you in whatever you need. Along with another staff member, they will bring you a continental breakfast every morning. On my last day there, she bought us some homemade Mango Jam. OMG!, it was so good that Carol had to groundsman go on a short bicycle ride to the local lady who made the jam and bought us three bottles back. There is also laundry service for a very reasonable fee. Yes, I came home with clean laundry!
Nirvana is owned by one of the most approachable and humbled owner I have ever met. You never expect to met the owner of any resort, but you will meet Evan. Evan met us at the local airport. After we deposited our luggage in the 1 bedroom unit, Evan took us to the local restaurant where we had the special of the day, Conch Steak with local vegetables. Excellent! We could not have asked for a better welcome than that.
Excellent for families, friends get-aways, business meetings or just to lay back and relax. All rooms are Ocean Front. You have kayaks and floats that are at your disposal. The town is within walking distance and has various restaurants and shops. Day excursions and adventures are available. Ask Evan or Carol and they will arrange it for you. Evan takes great pride in his property and it shows. I was extremely surprised at what I saw. For a small boutique resort, the ammonites are up there with the best four star hotels. It is just a beautiful place.
From a Travel Agents point of view, Nirvana will give you your monies worth. You can't beat the location nor the view. Nirvana literately sits on a beautiful white beach with soft sand and calm waters. I'll be going back next year. This will become my new tropical destination. If you're tired of the other Caribbean Islands and are looking for something new and fresh, check out Nirvana in Placencia Belize. You'll be glad you did.!

Room Tip: All rooms are ocean front with a porch or balcony. Full kitchens and bath.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Evan H, Owner at A Belizean Nirvana, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Thank you for your kind words. Our goal is to make every guest's stay a memorable one. Come back and visit us soon.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I have spent a fair amount of time here in Placencia with good knowledge of the various accomodations available. Nirvana is the best of the lot by far, here in the village. The property is right on the beach in the center of the village. There is easy access on foot to a number of good resteraunts. Yet as soon as you pass across the sidewalk and enter the property you feel as if you are in your own quiet and private haven. The suites are all first class. Evan, the owner, and his staff do a great job taking care of their guests. I highly reccomend nirvana as the best place to stay in the village.

Phillip M

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I really had a good time there with my family. We arrived without a reservation late at night, and stayed four days. The room was very comfortable, and the manager was very kindly helping us in everything we needed. It’s a beautiful place on the beach and close to the downtown. I hope sometime I’ll be back.
I really recommend it.
Herman

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Nirvana is perhaps the classiest place to stay in Placencia. We arrived late in the evening, but Evan stayed to greet my family and I upon our arrival. The place is very clean and quiet and Evan takes great pride in its upkeep. As you step out of the suite, the patio is less than 50 yards to the water and we spent the day relaxing in the hammocks enjoying to cool sea breeze. There is a rooftop where the view is spectacular, a view one cannot experience anywhere else on the peninsula. Because its centrally located, walking to any of the main attractions on the peninsula is very easy. Would definitely go back to Nirvana on my return to Placencia and definitely recommend it for anyone looking for an upscale place to relax while on vacation.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I went to Placenia with my husband and nine year old son looking for a "out of the ordinary" vacation; and we found that and more at Nirvana. First of all the hotel is beautiful and right on the beach; walking distance to restaurants and town. Evan the hotel manager aranged everything and anything we needed from tours to having our cloths washed. I can not begin to tell you the amazing experiences we had there; and my family is tough to please. We can't wait to go back! Go; stay at Nirvana; you will love it!

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed November 15, 2012

My wife and I talked so much about our wonderful stay at Nirvana in 2011 when it first opened that one of our daughters could not resist the urge to go. So in August (2012) she, her husband and two sons, 8 and 14 years (celebrated his 14th. birthday on Nirvana's rooftop party deck) went along with us - back to Nirvana.This stay was just as wonderful as the first. Nirvana management exceeded our expectations by arranging some exciting day trips to the pristine Silk Cayes (islands), reef-wall fishing, uncrowded Mayan ruins, current-day Mayan villages in remote areas, zip-lining in the jungle, and even a brief visit over the border to Guatemala. We enjoyed our stay tremendously and will return again to Nirvana.

Room Tip: If you want to walk out of your room directly into the ocean then choose a first floor room. However...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family