“First time in Belize-Family vacation” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of A Belizean Nirvana

A Belizean Nirvana
Ranked #1 of 26 Placencia B&B and Inns
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“First time in Belize-Family vacation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

I really had a good time there with my family. We arrived without a reservation late at night, and stayed four days. The room was very comfortable, and the manager was very kindly helping us in everything we needed. It’s a beautiful place on the beach and close to the downtown. I hope sometime I’ll be back.
I really recommend it.
Herman

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Nirvana is perhaps the classiest place to stay in Placencia. We arrived late in the evening, but Evan stayed to greet my family and I upon our arrival. The place is very clean and quiet and Evan takes great pride in its upkeep. As you step out of the suite, the patio is less than 50 yards to the water and we spent the day relaxing in the hammocks enjoying to cool sea breeze. There is a rooftop where the view is spectacular, a view one cannot experience anywhere else on the peninsula. Because its centrally located, walking to any of the main attractions on the peninsula is very easy. Would definitely go back to Nirvana on my return to Placencia and definitely recommend it for anyone looking for an upscale place to relax while on vacation.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

I went to Placenia with my husband and nine year old son looking for a "out of the ordinary" vacation; and we found that and more at Nirvana. First of all the hotel is beautiful and right on the beach; walking distance to restaurants and town. Evan the hotel manager aranged everything and anything we needed from tours to having our cloths washed. I can not begin to tell you the amazing experiences we had there; and my family is tough to please. We can't wait to go back! Go; stay at Nirvana; you will love it!

• Stayed April 2012
Merritt Island, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

My wife and I talked so much about our wonderful stay at Nirvana in 2011 when it first opened that one of our daughters could not resist the urge to go. So in August (2012) she, her husband and two sons, 8 and 14 years (celebrated his 14th. birthday on Nirvana's rooftop party deck) went along with us - back to Nirvana.This stay was just as wonderful as the first. Nirvana management exceeded our expectations by arranging some exciting day trips to the pristine Silk Cayes (islands), reef-wall fishing, uncrowded Mayan ruins, current-day Mayan villages in remote areas, zip-lining in the jungle, and even a brief visit over the border to Guatemala. We enjoyed our stay tremendously and will return again to Nirvana.

Room Tip: If you want to walk out of your room directly into the ocean then choose a first floor room. However...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

My stay at Belizean Nirvana was one of the most enjoyable 2 wks I have ever spent away from my home in Florida. All the rooms are ocean front with private balconies and comfortable chairs to relaxe and enjoy the ocea view with the trade winds and the soft sound of the waves splashing on the white sandy beach. One can also sit on the beach on reclings cushioned chairs. The management staff and workers were always very friendly and willing to help in anyway possible. The rooms are clean and well equipped Nirvana is the place to be.
HH

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Progresso,Belize
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed at "Nirvana" for a long weekend to celebrate my birthday. I was looking for somewhere to de-stress and just get away from the world for a few days. I could not have chosen a better hotel, from the moment our flight landed in Placencia our retreat began. Evan was there to meet our flight so we did not have to wait and wonder if someone was coming to pick us up. Upon walking into our suite I was so impressed I could hardly contain myself. The decor is impeccable no detail was overlooked, I could not find one flaw, and trust me I am very critical because we have travelled and stayed at 5 star locations. We immediately felt relaxed. We slept like babies and woke up to the soothing sounds of the crashing waves and the breeze floating into our bedroom. Coffee is provided and I could not wait to brew a pot and sit on the lovely balcony to sip a cup and enjoy the awesome view. All in all my stay was heavenly. We stayed in the Namaste suite and I highly recommend it. Thanks for making my birthday memorable Evan and Barbara I wish you all the best. Pat

Room Tip: My husband and I stayed at "Nirvana" for a long weekend to celebrate my birthday. I was lo...
Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Lakewood, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

This was exactly what we were looking for. Clean, quiet and right in the thick of Placencia. This is a must stay for any couples looking for all of the amenities in Belize. We overlooked the water and it was just a two minute walk outside of our door ro the main thoroughfare.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple