“Best crossfit work out”
Review of Belize Fit

Belize Fit
Ranked #21 of 42 things to do in Placencia
More attraction details
Owner description: Belize Fit is the only gym in Placencia that offers Cross Fit, Personal Training, and Group Classes. Visit our gym or schedule your own personal workout on the beach or at your location! Tony is an AFAA Certified Personal Trainer and a Certified CrossFit Level 1 Trainer. We also offer On the Water Training on the Stand Up Paddle Board, or SUP rentals and tours. Enjoy a great work out while enjoying the caribbean waters!
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best crossfit work out”
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

If you are into crossfit then Tony is your man! My husband & I have had the opportunity to work out with him on two different trips. He gave us tips we use at home crossfitting and gave us a killer work out. Also there is nothing better than jumping in the sea after a nice workout!

Visited January 2014

Boise, Idaho
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Exceptional fun working out at Belize Fit”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

"Better late than never" fits this description of my review of our two mornings at Tony's Belize Fit last April. Both mornings the workouts appeared to be well planned, yet not rigid or boring.

Tony was involved and entertaining, and the workouts were innovative and just as rigorous as those I have been a part of while doing pre-season ski training here in Idaho. Both days the participants, many of them locals, were extremely friendly and inclusive, and everyone appeared to do the workouts to the best of their abilities, despite differing levels of fitness.

As other revieiwers have noted, the beach setting is incomparable, and the workouts were early enough that the heat and humidity was not overwhelming, especially with a constant incoming breeze. Tony divided us up into groups with various themes for each group (battle rope, push-ups, pull-ups, stump jumps, kettle bells, etc) and we would try and attain a designated number of repetitions of each excercise at our own speed, with lots of encouragement from the group.

On days in Placencia when Liz and I planned on just hanging out (no off-shore or rainforest trips) and enjoying the area, the morning workout at Belize Fit was the perfect start of the day. I highly recommend it!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank ClydeandLiz
Sarasota, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Get fit”
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Great local business to stay or get fit. The people are wonderful, honest, hard working and caring. Variety of hours and services

Boston, Massachusetts
“Good lift, good people”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Tony's Gym was a nice addition to my trip to Belize. The gym has everything I needed for a great lift. Tony was very hospitable. I'll visit this gym again if I make it back to Placencia and I recommend it to others.

Visited October 2013
Antigua
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Tony and his gym work outs gave me my life back!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I was in agony!! Had an MRI showing major back problems. Met with Tony of Tony's gym, Placencia, who took time to explain what was happening with my spine. Not only is Tony a great guy, he is a certified 'cross fit' trainer and a qualified physical therapist. The best person to work with when you are in pain and need relief and exercise to maintain a quality of life! Tony's personalised 'work-out' for me is working! I have no pain, I am stronger and best of all I am shedding my unwanted body fat! Venue on the beach and it's fun, believe me!

Visited March 2013