My husband and I stayed at the Singing Sands Inn for a week in July. We found our hosts Maya and Michael to be incredibly hospitable, chatty, and welcoming. Franklin, Dominic, and the restaurant staff were also incredibly friendly. I must give props to the chef, Domingo - we ate at a few different places including Mangoes (down the street) and the restaurant at Robert's Grove, but the BEST food was at Singing Sands Inn. If you decide to go fishing, which Maya can arrange, Domingo will also cook up the fish into a delicious fishy platter for dinner.
The cabanas were gorgeous and clean. I highly recommend the cabana by the sea: there is no air conitioning, but the sea breeze make the sea cabana much cooler at night. The grounds are quiet and relaxing as well with hammocks, chairs, and a long dock. Since we were staying there in July, we often had the grounds all to ourselves, which was wonderful.
We booked a number of activities to do with Maya as well, and the service was excellent. The trip into town is not too far (about a ten dollar cab ride), and the lagoon trip is right across the street. Mangoes is walking distance from Singing Sands and has a great bar.
Singing Sands also has a pool if you don't want to swim in the sea (I swam in both ;))
If you are looking for quiet, gorgeous intimate accomodations with your spouse or partner, I would highly recommend staying at the Singing Sands; it has all the Belizean hospitality and feeling of a rustic paradise without the expensive price tag.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AA private secluded seafront resort on Maya Beach...with beautiful Placencia Lagoon nearby! "...Singing Sands is an oasis for the traveler...whether couples seeking a romantic space, groups in search of a base location...or birding enthusiasts and water lovers needing a place from which to begin...their Belizean adventure." Our Inn is tucked within a beautifully landscaped tropical garden, providing a restful environment for our guests. We take pleasure in providing a relaxed, at home atmosphere. We’ve been working hard in recent months to completely renovate and remodel our entire property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Singing Sands Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Singing Sands Hotel Placencia
- Singing Sands Resort
- Singing Sands Inn Belize/Placencia