If you like a 1000-room high-rise hotel with six restaurants and a casino, this is not it. But if you're like us and like things smaller and more intimate, this is the place. Only six cabanas (and 3 apartment-like units, I think) make for a cozy (and romantic) stay. The rooms are more than adequate in size and furnishings. The highlight is the location. It's right on the beach and the website photos don't begin to capture the magic of the place. The restaurant opens onto a small outdoor dining area which opens onto the beautiful beach. The restaurant is absolutly top-notch -- some of the best food I've had anywhere! Get the Thai fried fish (red snapper when we were there) or baked in banana leaf. Key lime cheesecake. The owners, Maya and Michael, will make sure your stay is all you had hoped for. Highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AA private secluded seafront resort on Maya Beach...with beautiful Placencia Lagoon nearby! "...Singing Sands is an oasis for the traveler...whether couples seeking a romantic space, groups in search of a base location...or birding enthusiasts and water lovers needing a place from which to begin...their Belizean adventure." Our Inn is tucked within a beautifully landscaped tropical garden, providing a restful environment for our guests. We take pleasure in providing a relaxed, at home atmosphere. We’ve been working hard in recent months to completely renovate and remodel our entire property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Singing Sands Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Singing Sands Hotel Placencia
- Singing Sands Resort
- Singing Sands Inn Belize/Placencia