Recently I found a great little spot not far off the beaten path, called Singing Sands in Placencia, Belize. Actually, it was very easy to get to and the resorts owner was even waiting for me when I got off the plane. It is a family-owned business and it shows in the details. Whether it is taking a longboat up the Monkey River to a local village to look for crocodiles or just sitting on the white sand beach at the resort letting the Caribbean lap over your feet. Anything you want isn’t any further than the front desk of the Singing Sands. If you need a boat for any reason, fishing, snorkeling, scuba, etc, they will pick you up right out front on your very own dock. As for the food, it was exquisite - from the daily fresh snapper sandwiches to the authentic Korean ribs, fresh vegetables and fruits are also in abundance. And the staff couldn’t be any more attentive. They remember what you like and that means so much to the guest. The accommodations are very unique. They are authentic thatched huts which sit right on the beach and always have a wonderful breeze washing through them. Bikes and kayaks are readily available. The bikes are great for riding into town and the kayaks are glass-bottomed. So you can actually snorkel without getting wet. If I had nothing else but walk to the end of the pier each evening and look at the stars, this alone would have made my trip to the Singing Sands worth while. I cannot say enough about this place. And cannot wait to get back to see my new friends. Even if it’s just to walk to the end of the pier and look at the stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AA private secluded seafront resort on Maya Beach...with beautiful Placencia Lagoon nearby! "...Singing Sands is an oasis for the traveler...whether couples seeking a romantic space, groups in search of a base location...or birding enthusiasts and water lovers needing a place from which to begin...their Belizean adventure." Our Inn is tucked within a beautifully landscaped tropical garden, providing a restful environment for our guests. We take pleasure in providing a relaxed, at home atmosphere. We’ve been working hard in recent months to completely renovate and remodel our entire property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Singing Sands Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Singing Sands Hotel Placencia
- Singing Sands Resort
- Singing Sands Inn Belize/Placencia