Singing Sands Inn
Travelocity
Turtle Inn(Placencia)
$319
  • Breakfast included
Paradise Vacation Hotel(Placencia)(Great Value!)
$89
Belize Ocean Club(Placencia)
$109
Travelocity
Maya Beach Hotel(Placencia)(Great Value!)
$169
$89
Hatchet Caye Resort(Placencia)
$350
$333
  • Pool
All reviewsbonefish grillmaya beachhalf wallrental carsand fliessmall resortrestaurant barpalm treesbeautiful beachscuba divingbelize citylow keyon site restaurantsea breezeopen airbike ridelounge chairs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 15, 2013

The hotel property really is beautiful and peaceful. I had a hard time figuring out how to rate this hotel, as it is a wonderful property, but I just don't think it is a place that I would return to. However, it really depends on what you are looking for. This hotel is in an amazing location and is quiet and soooo relaxing. I usually prefer to stay outside of town in quiet locations, but I felt a little trapped at this hotel. I was traveling alone and felt like you really had to give in to the "packaged vacation" mentality to enjoy it here, which I don't really like. They could arrange taxis, tours, anything you want, but it really had to go through the hotel at a high price. I ended up just taking the bus into town which was cheap and pretty fun. My two other complaints are that I got about 50 sand fly bites on each leg while there (wear your deet at night) and the original room I had (room with A/C, not cabana) was very dark and depressing. I was lucky to be switched to one of the cabanas. I would rate this hotel much lower if I had to stay in the A/C rooms. Anyway, this really is a beautiful place and would be ideal if you are willing to go through the hotel for arranging everything. If you are more of an independent traveler, you may want to stay closer to town in Placencia, given the high price of the taxis.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ToddyD
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed at Singing Sands for a week in August. This was the perfect spot for me, considering I was traveling alone for the first time. My package took care of everything for me - food, excursions, lodging, and total relaxation on the beach and by the pool! The entire staff was amazingly friendly and helpful throughout my entire stay. I felt like once I arrived, they took care of everything for me. All I had to do was sit back in one of the hammocks and relax! The food was delicious, my cabana was simple yet comfortable, and the 3 excursions I went on (Mayan Ruins tour, snorkeling at Silk Caye, and Monkey River tour), were adventures of a lifetime. I highly recommend this small, peaceful resort for anyone traveling to the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank sciteacher24
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We ate at Singing Sands 3 times in our recent visit to Placencia. The restaurant, Bonefish, I believe, is World Class. Think "Island Fresh Cuisine" with an Asian Attitude. A beautiful, intimate room, with the best staff on the Island. If you happen to meet Michael, one of the owners, see if you can talk him out of an after dinner shot of his (soon to be) famous Sandhill Coffee Liquor.

Dawn and Allen Willey

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Allen W
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We spent 5 nights at Singing Sands Inn and if you want to relax in a perfectly tranquil environment then this is the place for you. The staff are just so wonderful and really do bend over backwards to make your stay enjoyable. If you are a little more adventurous there are activities for you aswell from snorkelling to kayaks and the monkey river tour amongst others. We really enjoyed our stay here and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone. With great prices and fantastic staff why would you stay anywhere else?

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Stephen L
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed in late August and have not one complaint about this place. We got to meet the owners and Michael (one of the owners was fantastic!). My wife needed a smaller bicycle to ride and Michael got right on the phone and found one for us and even took us to pick it up. The food is fantastic, the servers were great, the front desk was great.

We rented out the kayak and went out to false keys. There is some nice good snorkeling out there but not much sand. Snorkeling right off the dock is surprisingly great too. i ran into a bunch of different fish and even some star fish.

The rooms are nice and cozy and even without the air-conditioning surprisingly that was also not a big issue and i'm someone who likes to sleep with the fans on full blast!

I would definitely recommend and visit again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple