My daughter and I stayed at Singing Sands Inn in May 2013 for a week. Due to a work conflict for her we had to reschedule for three weeks after our initial dates. Despite being told that there probably would not be a problem re-booking our room for the original week because it was prime whale shark viewing season, there was a hefty cancellation fee - 50 % of the room cost for the week. So if you think you might have to change your reservation, buy traveler's insurance or change before the 30 day prior to stay deadline. Overall, our experience was relaxing and just what we were looking for in a get-away. The food and drinks were delicious and reasonably priced - service was outstanding. The snorkel trip which was advertised as including lunch and drinks was excellent; however, we were expecting adult beverages and not bottled water. One thing that was very annoying with screened rooms was that they burned something every morning very early which woke me up. It was also VERY windy in the evenings at this time of year. We had Villa #1 and enjoyed the privacy of its location - definitely the best room. I enjoyed snorkeling right off the end of the dock with lots of small reefs in the immediate area. I was disappointed that the water was not the aqua color and as clear as I have seen other places in the Caribbean. The hammock over the water provided many relaxing hours reading. We rented a car and ventured out into Placencia several times and enjoyed our trips into town. In Placencia, the "Above Grounds Coffee House" is a must for good coffee we enjoyed several breakfasts at "The Shack". Overall, I would say we enjoyed our trip but will probably try another country for our next trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AA private secluded seafront resort on Maya Beach...with beautiful Placencia Lagoon nearby! "...Singing Sands is an oasis for the traveler...whether couples seeking a romantic space, groups in search of a base location...or birding enthusiasts and water lovers needing a place from which to begin...their Belizean adventure." Our Inn is tucked within a beautifully landscaped tropical garden, providing a restful environment for our guests. We take pleasure in providing a relaxed, at home atmosphere. We’ve been working hard in recent months to completely renovate and remodel our entire property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Singing Sands Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Singing Sands Hotel Placencia
- Singing Sands Resort
- Singing Sands Inn Belize/Placencia