This is a beautiful, small ( 8 or so units), quiet resort nestled on Maya Beach. It is near several restaurants (other than the one at the inn) that are in walkable distance. You do have to walk on the side of the road and carry a flash light at night.
It is about 7 miles outside of Placencia. So a car or taxi is needed to get into town. That is well worth a day. Tours can be booked from the hotel. A taxi to town is 20 USD.
There are 6 bungalows which are clean and nicely furnished. But the shower is either cold or scalding hot. So you have to make up your mind that that will not bother you.
The food at the restaurant is very good and the prices are reasonable. All the staff are friendly and courteous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AA private secluded seafront resort on Maya Beach...with beautiful Placencia Lagoon nearby! "...Singing Sands is an oasis for the traveler...whether couples seeking a romantic space, groups in search of a base location...or birding enthusiasts and water lovers needing a place from which to begin...their Belizean adventure." Our Inn is tucked within a beautifully landscaped tropical garden, providing a restful environment for our guests. We take pleasure in providing a relaxed, at home atmosphere. We’ve been working hard in recent months to completely renovate and remodel our entire property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, HostelWorld, Priceline, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Singing Sands Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Singing Sands Hotel Placencia
- Singing Sands Resort
- Singing Sands Inn Belize/Placencia