“love this place”

Green Parrot Beach Houses
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Placencia
Reviewed February 12, 2014

went to the green parrot with friends for the first time and we loved everything. everbody is very friendly Leo the manager is always there to help you get the best deals for snorkling,horseback rideing zip lineing fishing you name it Leo's your man. the cook is amazing,everything she cooks is awsome Nichole the bartender super nice and the rest of the staff always had smiles on their faces We left there knowing we made new friendships and will return next year Thanks so much Leo your friends Nancy and David

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank darnott45
ParrotBelize, Owner at Green Parrot Beach Houses, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for being a loyal customer. We do appreciate that you took the time to make positive and constructive comments about our staff. We try to make every guest feel special. We look forward to being able to have you back with us one day in the future. Thanks for taking the time to write your constructive review. It is always go to have reviews from customers that have stayed with us, whether it is once or several time. Hope your travels are safe and fun.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I just finished a month stay and want say how wonderful it is. I enjoyed relaxing on the beach and cocktails in the evening at the bar where Nicole is a great bartender. Then when your ready for adventure you just tell the manager Leo that your ready to fish, hike mountains, or take me to waterfalls, zip lining, Mayan ruins, cave tubing, whatever you want he makes it happen. The cooks are fantastic. I loved meeting all the new people coming thru during my month and when it was Super Bowl time Leo brings out big tv and we had a great treat.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Edwhite888
ParrotBelize, Owner at Green Parrot Beach Houses, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

We do thank you for your business and for taking time to write a review after having stayed with us. You comments will help other travelers get a true understanding of our service and facilities. You are right, you can not beat the sun rising over the Caribbean. We do hope to be able to serve you again in the future. You will become part of our Returning Guest Program, that includes getting a discount on your next booking. We are pleased to know that you have taken away with you good memories of the Green Parrot.
Take care and come on back!

Reviewed February 11, 2014

My girlfriend and I booked a package that ended up being almost perfect for us - the only draw back was we didn't book enough nights! Honestly. An open port hole window facing the ocean allowed the breeze to pass thru the cabana making for a very relaxing night's sleep with the ocean breeze to keep you cool. It was also an awesome view when waking up in the morning to palm trees and crystal Caribbean waters. There was a variety of food to choose from for all three meals. Local fresh ingredients. Fish, lobster, fruits, veggies, even have a cheeseburger if need be. Probably some of the best Orange Juice I've had. (It's the little things). There was always someone there to help if you had a question, needed a drink etc. Only a 10-15 minute ride to town - which is also good site seeing on the way in. Bikes, kayaks etc allow you to tour the area. We were glad we didn't stay too close to town, we enjoyed peacefulness of this area. There is a corner store near by with the basics that helped when we needed something small. The staff learns names quickly and makes you feel at home. The package we had included a tour - which we chose the Zip lining and River float at Big Falls with Andrew. It was a blast. I could go on... I read someone had an awful experience on here, but as I read I "realized" they never even made it to the Green Parrot. They had some miscommunication over the internet because they couldn't make it after booking. Whatever their experience was, I did not experience any of that. The people were super friendly, the drinks were cold, the food was clean, the sites were beautiful, met awesome travelers... I might sound like I am working for them or something but I am 100% a real guest. We enjoyed our vacation and wanted to show the same appreciation back for our experience. We shall return and see Leo, Nicole, Cameron and the rest of the folks at the Green Parrot and know we will have a wonderful time. Hope you do too.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

We thank you for being a loyal customer of the Green Parrot. Comments made about our facility and staff after your visit are so much more meaningful to potential guests, than comments coming from those that have never visited the resort. I thinks that in reading your comments others can understand that we try to give each guest personal attention and cater to their specific interests. Now part of these comments may be due to the fact that you were able to escape Boston this winter for a month - a very good move on your part. We look forward to your return visit and will see you in the bar where the stories are good and the friendships lasting. Thanks again for your business.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We just returned from another fabulous week. Leo and his staff helped us celebrate our 21st Anniversary. We have spent 9 Anniversaries at the Green Parrot. I think that sums up the quality and sincerity that GP offers. They go above and beyond to make sure that day is special for us. Most importantly, they make sure the entire stay is what we want. Their flexibility keeps us coming back. They have a menu, but if we want something else they gladly make it. Their genuine care for their customers is better than any 5 Star Hotel I have stayed. They can keep you very busy with what this beautiful country has to offer. I like to mix it up. Do nothing by the beautiful sea and then explore the Jungle. David and Linda are very generous owners. I appreciate your donations and generosity you have granted me over the years. My husband and I have traveled all over the world and this is the only place we have returned to. Thanks Green Parrot for another great week!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank traceyandtom
ParrotBelize, Owner at Green Parrot Beach Houses, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Thanks for your support over the years. We think that one of the most enjoyable parts of owning the Green Parrot is coming to know a wonderful group of people from all over the world. We have been blessed by getting to know both the travelers an their families. For us, each of our guests is special and we always work to make their trip a memorable experience. When are guests keep coming back, as you have done for so many years, it allows us to get to know you even better. For this we are so grateful. We are committed to never taking your business for granted and will work every year to make sure that when you leave you will take home with you new memories and a renewed spirit. Thanks again and all of us at the Green Parrot look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

A year ago my husband and I went to the Green Parrot for the first time. It was our 20th anniversary. Not only did we have a wonderful relaxing time, the staff was amazing. Our children were very jealous so we planned to return Dec 2014. Sent in our deposit and less than a week later my husband was involved in a car accident. Knowing our medical bills would be mounting I contacted Linda at the Green Parrot and asked if we could be reimbursed our deposit to get us through this difficult time. Linda responded right away with concern and a full refund of our deposit. Best of all she sent her prayers! We are hoping for a full recovery so our family can get to Belize to give them a big hug. Also I am a flight attendant for Delta and have traveled extensively and you will not find a finer group of people or a more relaxing experience than The Green Parrot.

Room Tip: There are several cabins to chose from some sleep 5 others are for couples all are on the beach with...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

First we have your family in our prayers. We are all hoping for your husband's speedy recovery. When he gets well enough to travel, we would hope that some warm sunny days on the beach will be helpful to him and all of you. We so appreciate the fact that with all you have on your plate that you would take time to write this review. Be strong and God bless.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

I have also had a similar experience to WSH71.

I am shocked at the customer service standards offered by the hotel. I happened to book the hotel (in January for a one-night stay in May) but quickly realised a few hours after having made the booking that we would not quite be able to make it to the place in time (the bus times didn't work out). I emailed the hotel explaining the situation and asking if there was a possibility that they might be able to cancel the reservation and offer me a refund/alternative solution (only a few hours after I booked it), but I did not receive a response.

I then phoned the hotel twice to ask if they would consider a refund and on both occasions they responded to say that they would look into it and see what they could do although on the second phone call, the lady's rude response was 'actually why should we consider giving you a refund when you've made the reservation?'.

I left it for another day before sending another email to say that I was getting a little worried as I still hadn't received a response. The owner came back with a very nasty email to say that not only had they cancelled the room but would also charge me the full price for it (rather than maybe try to be helpful in suggesting how they might be able to help us with our plans). The hotel's policy is that as the reservation was made online, the cancellation policy requires a 1 night non-refundable deposit. Apparently, had I made the reservation via e-mail, there is no cancellation charge!!

This is in January for a booking I was making for one-night stay in May!! So I've paid them for no service in return at all. I think this is not only appalling behaviour for somebody in the service industry but completely unethical given the double standards they have adopted in their policy.

The owners chose not to be pragmatic and try and help us. They instead come across as being very spiteful and greedy.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank travelshah
ParrotBelize, Owner at Green Parrot Beach Houses, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

I am sorry that this person had an "awful experience" with us. They booked a room using our online reservation system. Prior to submitting the reservation - the system informs the user that there is a 1 night non-refundable deposit required. If that term was unacceptable to them, they were free not to choose to book a cabana. However, they did book. We held the unit for them, which represents 12% of our business. Then they canceled. If you book a nonrefundable airline ticket - do you expect to be reimbursed? I will not get into the personal specifics as we are above that in the way we treat people.
I will point out that Trip Advisor has allowed these people to state at the bottom of their review that they "Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple". This is totally false. These people NEVER stayed at our location and any comments they have made regarding the condition of the facility or service provided onsite to them would be false.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

the green parrot hosts a fabulous setting on the beach with funky but comfortable beach houses, which are cleaned daily. most importantly, all of your needs are attended to by staff who are absolutely lovely. Leo, the manager, makes arrangements for any activities you want to participate in and is an incredibly pleasant person to interact with. We had plenty of good meals there and at other restaurants in walking distance. We met other travelers who were most enjoyable. I wouldn't hesitate to return and in fact we found ourselves missing Leo and the staff upon our return home. We became quite spoiled.

Room Tip: All of the settings were equally as good.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank 2Pamela
ParrotBelize, Owner at Green Parrot Beach Houses, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. We do appreciate your business and are pleased that you had a memorable stay with us. We appreciate your kind comments about the staff and the service they provided to you. We hope that we make each of our guests feel special. Remember that if you come this way in the future you can be a part of our Repeat Guest program. Thanks again for business and safe travels to you both.