“totally taken care of”

Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Placencia
Seattle, Washington
“totally taken care of”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

the green parrot hosts a fabulous setting on the beach with funky but comfortable beach houses, which are cleaned daily. most importantly, all of your needs are attended to by staff who are absolutely lovely. Leo, the manager, makes arrangements for any activities you want to participate in and is an incredibly pleasant person to interact with. We had plenty of good meals there and at other restaurants in walking distance. We met other travelers who were most enjoyable. I wouldn't hesitate to return and in fact we found ourselves missing Leo and the staff upon our return home. We became quite spoiled.

Room Tip: All of the settings were equally as good.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank 2Pamela
ParrotBelize, Owner at Green Parrot Beach Houses, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. We do appreciate your business and are pleased that you had a memorable stay with us. We appreciate your kind comments about the staff and the service they provided to you. We hope that we make each of our guests feel special. Remember that if you come this way in the future you can be a part of our Repeat Guest program. Thanks again for business and safe travels to you both.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I reserved a cabana for my family in June 2013, for a vacation in December. A few hours after we made our reservation, I realized that the cabanas aren't air conditioned. Because one of my children has a medical condition that's aggravated by humidity, I canceled my reservation. David, the owner, KEPT MY ENTIRE DEPOSIT of $185!!! I had only had the reservation for a few hours, for a vacation that was 6 months away! I couldn't believe it. I asked him to consider keeping only a part of it if he believed for some reason that he was entitled to money, but he didn't even respond. I've never experienced greed on that level before. We saved for a long time for this family vacation, and to lose that much money to David's greed was really depressing. The only good thing is that we didn't stay at his hotel -- and, because of his greediness, we didn't eat there, either, and he ended up losing as much money as he took from us. We stayed at Laru Beya instead, and had a great week.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank WSH71
ParrotBelize, Owner at Green Parrot Beach Houses, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
All of our customers are provided with a reservation form that specifies that their reservation is subject to a one night non-refundable deposit. Each guest signs this form and returns it to us. Our policy is not to refund deposit money unless there is a significant health or travel problem. We do not advertise that we have air conditioning and it would seem that you would do your research before you book a reservation. Making reservations ties up our rooms, takes staff time to process your request, we answer questions relating to the resort facilities. We have also found that some people just like to make reservations and then cancel. This is all fine, but the cost to the guest is the non-refundable deposit. Posting poor reviews on Trip Advisor, as a means of extortion to change our policies is in itself an unethical practice.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed January 9, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed in Maya Beach over the holidays and spent a lot of time at the Green Parrot. The staff were so amazing and helpful. The cabins on the beach are amazing! I love the hammocks on the porch and the view from the bed. Leo, the hotel manager, was super helpful and really made our vacation exceptional! I won't hesitate going back as well as recommending it to friends. Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Prisso
ParrotBelize, Owner at Green Parrot Beach Houses, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
We just want to say thank you for staying with us at the Green Parrot. We also appreciate that you took time to write a review about our staff and facilities. We are always looking for ways to make improvements. Please keep us in mind if you ever come this way again. You can be a part of our Repeat Guest program. Best to you and safe travels.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Green Parrot the week before Christmas for our honeymoon, and I can't imagine a better week! We were there right before the start of the busy season, and were some of the only guests there. Because of that, we got our own private tours to the Mayan ruins (Cahal Pech), and Monkey River, with amazing guides. We did our snorkel trip to Laughing Bird Caye with just a local couple and us, and Arlen was an incredible guide! Leo set up all our tours for us, and everything was arranged perfectly (although weather-dependent). We did the all-inclusive option for meals, paying for drinks on our own, and there were no surprises when we got the bill. Nicole gave us the table of honor for our dinners, since it was our honeymoon, which was very sweet. This was the perfect place to unplug and relax, with a little exploration mixed in.

The beach at the Green Parrot is beautiful, with soft sand and gentle water. The food was incredible! Stew chicken, red snapper, lobster, and shrimp were all amazing, with delicious local rice and beans, and fresh fruit. We stayed in one of the smaller cabanas, and it was great! The birds woke us up early in the morning when it wasn't windy, but the bed was very comfortable. No TV, but a nice porch with a hammock and quite the view. We got to know many of the staff there, and they were all wonderful! We visited the town of Placencia as well, at the end of the peninsula, and it is an awesome place with some delicious food, and many gift shops.

We wanted a relaxing vacation with some adventure thrown in, and we wanted to experience Belize and eat local food. This was the perfect place for us! Nothing super fancy, but friendly staff, delicious food and drinks, gorgeous beach, our own beach cabana, and fun tours. A big thanks to everyone at the Green Parrot for making our honeymoon so incredible!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Julszi11
We all would like to thank you for spending your honeymoon with us at the Green Parrot. We know that a honeymoon is a most memorable occasion for you. And we strive to do all that we can to further add to that experience. Based on your comment, we are so pleased to hear that we met your expectations. We want all of our guests to feel special, even if they are not on a honeymoon. Please keep us in mind, so that one day you may want to come back to where you spent you honeymoon. Best to you both in all of life's travels.
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I have had a busy work season and decided that I needed a quiet and low key vacation. Based on the Trip Advisor reviews I chose the Green Parrot, because some reviewers indicated that it was secluded - just my idea of a vacation!
Well I was no disappointed. The Green Parrot is a well maintained facility with individual units for the guests. I liked the privacy. The staff is very professional and warm. Leo, the manager took very good care of me. He tried to point out activities that I could do, but just relaxing and catching up on my e-reader was more than enough activity for me. The cook, Edisabella is a warm hearted and caring person. She would ask what I would like to eat and prepare it for me. This place is like having your own private staff and resort. I guess November is not a very busy month - which is just fine by me. I have the Green Parrot on my list of places to return too. I should also point out that as a single lady traveling I felt very safe at the Green Parrot. The staff is always available and that made me feel most comfortable. Just a little part of heaven tucked away here on the Caribbean.

Room Tip: I had the Sea Grape thatched roof cabana - very charming and close to the water's edge
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Pat S
ParrotBelize, Owner at Green Parrot Beach Houses, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Just a word of thanks for staying with us. We are so pleased that you enjoyed the relaxed and quiet surroundings. We try to provide each traveler with the type of experience that they are looking for and that all go home with good memories. The next time you need an escape from life's hectic pace - keep us in mind.
Forest City, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Went to Belize in Nov,2013 for 2 weeks with my husband and a friend had a great time. What a little piece of Paradise. Would like to Thank Leo the manager of the Green Parrot and his sister Edisbel the Cook and all the Staff at the Green Parrot. Leo went above and beyond the call of duty he set up our trips anything we needed all we had to do is ask Leo He also drove us anywhere we wanted to go very friendly funny and helpful. .Edisbel is a great cook and really did a great job at getting to know what my likes and dislikes are. I was worried about all the spices in the food but Edisbel took good care of that for me,we were pleased with all the food and all the service it was like a home away from home, they made us feel like family.If your booking I would recommend the Green Parrot Thank you so much Crystal and Jerry Tuttle PA,USA

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Crystal T
We thank you for staying with us at the Green Parrot and for taking the time to write a review about your visit. Our goal is to meet new people and to do our best to make sure that their time (and money) spent with us are a highlight of their travels. We so appreciate having had the opportunity to serve you. Remember you can now be a part of our Returning Guest Program. So keep us in mind and come back and one day. Until then, safe travels and Happy Holidays.
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Oh, where to begin and where to end? A life changing experience! All of what we experienced of Belize was wonderful. We came in mid Sept. for a week of beauty. The Green Parrot was all and more as described and had it mostly to ourselves. We had the fortunate pleasure of meeting and sharing time with two of the neighbors and between them and Leo and Edisbel we felt like family within a day. Leo, as busy as he is, was an easy going, gracious host who saw to all our wants and has a great sense of humor. Likewise for Edisbel who without a doubt is one of the best cooks ever. Her meals were delicious and by far better than any restaurant I have had. All the staff are friendly, and attentive to detail. Leo took us on trip to the Mayan ruins that was full of interests from the time we pulled out of the driveway and back and a fine lunch. We also spent two days with Arlan on the Monkey River and fishing all the way out past the reef. We can't recommend highly enough that one spend some time with this fine young man and his experience. There is not enough room to tell of all we saw, experienced and caught. Our only regret is that we didn't plan our stay to be much longer. We did not want to leave. Our best wishes to all of our Belizean family. With love, Michael and Lynn

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Michael M
ParrotBelize, Owner at Green Parrot Beach Houses, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Just a note to say thanks for staying with us at the Green Parrot Beach Houses on your trip to Belize. We are so pleased that you took home with you good memories of Belize and your stay at the Green Parrot. We believe that your comments will help others in making a decision on where to stay while in Belize, and we hope it will be at the Green Parrot. Now about leaving your heart at Maya Beach! We will take good care of it, and do hope that one day you will return and find new memories and friends. Until we meet again, safe travels.