“Amazing Place Amazing People”

Green Parrot Beach Houses
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Placencia
Calgary, Canada
“Amazing Place Amazing People”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Our family has stayed at the Green Parrot 2 years in a row now and we are still stunned by the beauty of the people. Leo, Theresa, Nicole and Cameron have become friends. The resorts excellence is in its staff service to making sure every need is met. Food is fresh, delicious and plentiful. To top it off with your own private cabana on the beach steps from the water. We will be back. Rob, Sheila and Family.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sheila B
ParrotBelize, Owner at Green Parrot Beach Houses, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Just want to say thanks for staying with us at the Green Parrot. We so enjoy serving you and your group from Calgary. You continued service to the people of Seine Bite is greatly appreciated. We look forward to your return visit again next year. Until then God bless all of you. Your friends at the Green Parrot.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Belmont, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Great for a couples get away. I love Placencia it is a nice place to get away. Take some groceries with you or get them at the store just short walk (block) away. The manager and staff is great. They were so nice. There was no A/C but in January it is not needed. The beach is clean and quiet. I loved the cabanas they have just what you need but not over stocked but if you need anything just ask the staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mary1220
We just want to express our appreciation for your staying with us at the Green Parrot. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was able to take care of your needs while you stayed with us. Should you ever come this way again, keep us in mind. We have a growing group of repeat guests, and would be so pleased to have you as a member of that group. Regardless of where your travels take you we wish you all the best.
seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great place to chill. Beautiful beach, nice people and comfortable lodging. A place for those who are not looking for 600 thread count sheets, air conditioning and boutique toiletries, but want to walk from their porch onto the beach and into the water within 30 seconds. A open air restaurant with average plus food. A very good restaurant about a quarter mile north (Maya Bistro). Save some money and bring your own alcohol for sitting on your deck. Well managed by Leo who will help with anything you need. But we didn't need much. In summary, we can't wait to go back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank seamitravel
ParrotBelize, Owner at Green Parrot Beach Houses, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Just want to say "Thank You" for staying with us at the Green Parrot. We continue to strive for making all of our guests have an enjoyable experience. We look forward to your return and to having you join our growing list of repeat customers.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

I have a loss for words on this review because nothing I say will actually do this place justice. It was absoulutely fabuloous and you cant find a nicer staff then the staff at the Green Parrot. Leo was fabulous and his wife and sister are just great, but really everyone that worked at the Green Parrot was a pleasure to be around . They can't do enough for you and they make you feel like you are family. I truely did not want to leave. Usually after my vacation is over I am ready to go home but not this time. We stayed in the thatched hut with the outside shower and it was perfect. It was quiet and secluded and so safe. We would leave in the morning to go on a day trip and didn't even think to lock our door. Everything was cleaned for us when we got back. They even folded and hung up my clothes. I love this place and I love Leo and his family and staff. I can't wait to come back. I have traveled all over and stayed at high class all inlcusive hotels and they can't compare to Leo's property or hospitatlity. I am at work now with tears in my eyes because I sooooo wante to be back in Belize. I love your country and your culture and values. I will take all that with my ad keep it close to my heart so when I am having a bad day I will just think of you guys. I will be back and I will be back soon. I now know where I will be staying for several months when I finally get to retire. OH how I wish I didn't have the 40 dollars at the airport so I didn't have to come home. Love you guys and will miss you deeply. Remeber me becasue I will be back!!!!!

Room Tip: Go for the thatchet hut, it is perfect
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank koleen623
First, let us say "Thank You" for staying at the Green Parrot. Second, your review has touched the hearts of all of our staff and management. How kind your words were. We believe that you are the model for how we would like all of our guests feel after departing. We are so glad that you took great memories home with you. Please do come back again one day. Until then have safe travels and warm tropical regards from all your "family" at the Green Parrot.
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stayed at the Green Parrot based on a recommendation of friends that had stayed at the Green Parrot last year. We just loved the location. The beach is well maintained and you can swim off the dock every morning. We too enjoyed the morning sunrise that comes free of charge, if you get up early to see it. We were always made to feel welcome by Leo, the manager, and the rest of the staff. We are the kind of travelers that like bed and breakfasts and small inns. This resort comes as close to that as you will find in Belize. The accommodations are individual units - which makes you feel like you have a lot of privacy. The restaurant and bar are close to you unit and a good spot to find a cup of coffee in the morning. The tours that were recommended are just wonderful. Not only do you see many of the wonders of Belize, but you get to meet some of the local people and find out more about the local area. We tried Placencia - it is good for a day visit, but we are glad we stayed outside of the village which seems crowed and noisy. If you are looking for clean, safe, well maintained facicilities run by very nice people - try out this location. We would use it again if we ever return to Belize.

Room Tip: We stayed in the White Cabana. Cleaned every day. Good ocean view from the deck
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Green Parrot. We are very pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We value your business and we look forward to the opportunity to serve you in the future. We are also glad that you had fun - because that is what vacations are all about and we are pleased to be a part of that.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

We spent three nights in this tranquil oceanfront location in November, over US Thanksgiving Holiday (sorry for the delay in posting), and wish we had more time there.

We arrived Wednesday night after a short flight down from Belize City and were met at the airstrip by Leo. He got us quickly to the resort and into our cabana. Unfortunately we had some very loud neighbors that night and it was not very restful. The next morning, as we were leaving for some wonderful diving out on the spectacular Glover's Reef, Leo and staff efficiently moved us to a cabana on the other side. We stayed in one with an outdoor shower, a comfy hammock on the front porch overlooking the ocean, and were very comfortable (and quiet) for the rest of our stay.

Service and food were both fantastic for both breakfast and dinner, with a special nod to a Thanksgiving Feast! Leo and staff went out of their way to make sure we enjoyed our stay and were so friendly and kind to us (a common affliction in Belize) we were sad to leave as soon as we did. Leo drove us back to the airstrip Saturday morning (while serenading us with some Jerry Jeff Walker toons. "Gringo in Belize" and "Come away to Belize with me" pretty much sum things up). We left really feeling that we had made good friends during our visit.

We will definitely return to the Green Parrot on our next visit and will look to spend more time there both relaxing and enjoying the activities nearby. Thank you Leo for a wonderful experience!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
We just want to say "Thank You" for staying with us at the Green Parrot. We appreciate your business very much. Your kind comments regarding your stay are very much appreciated. We strive to make all of our guests have an enjoyable experience. We would love to have you back and to join our growing list of repeat guests. Best to you and safe travels.
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

This place was great! My sister and I debated on whether to stay in the village or at Maya Beach. Thank God we chose the Green Parrot in Maya Beach. Leo and his staff take great care of you and arrange for rides to the village if needed. They arranged all of our excursions and even a massage. We were able to run a tab for all our food, drinks and trips and it ended up costing much less than expected. Also, you can't tell from the pictures online, but the places in the village are all on top of each other. We had privacy and serenity and a mostly empty beach at the Green Parrot.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
ParrotBelize, Owner at Green Parrot Beach Houses, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Many thanks for staying with us at the Green Parrot. We strive to make all of our guests have a memorable experience. We also look forward to your possible return. We appreciate the opportunity to have served you. Safe travels!