The staff was great! The food was unique, exceptionally delicious, and Sweet Mamas was very affordable for big portions. The monkey river tour was awesome! Once in a life time experience made possible!
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
This was our first stop on our honeymoon before we went to Caye Caulker and our stay here was perfect. The staff was attentive, the snorkeling trip was unreal! A great highlight and must do if you are staying at the resort and the food while pricey (as expected) was top notch. They even let us bring our own bottles of wine to dinner with us. The place was beautiful and the complimentary bikes were a bonus even though it was hot to ride into town!! I would recommend this place.
This place was Exactly what we were looking for. Very clean. Incredible staff, they went far out of their way to make a special fishing arrangement for us. The tour guilds were very entertaining and all of the tours were quite nice.The food magnificent! And the pools are lovely. And the AC definitely works! We were slanted toward staying here because of the Hobi Cat sailboats which were available, they were an adventure into extreme and laughable memories!! The staff probably knows who this is now!
This is a great location for a family vacation but you should know the pros and cons before you come. Please note that we had a great time here and despite the cons we would come back again.
- Very spacious rooms
- Rooms are clean and well maintained
- Complimentary breakfast (see below)
- Friendly staff
- there was lots of garbage along the beach and in the water (this problem affects all of Placencia - not just Robert's Grove).
- This is a small issue, but it would have been nice to have plain yogurt available with the fruit at the continental breakfast. Instead they had extremely sugary yogurt drink which was even too sweet for my kids.
- This is a high end hotel but the rooms are a little dated. We did not mind but people should know there's not a spec of granite or marble in sight.
- The front desk, while nice and seemingly helpful, were poor communicators. We wanted to take a snorkel trip but did not want to pay $320 for our family of four to go snorkeling. We only found out the last afternoon that they offer an option to take a boat out to one of the islands they own, where snorkeling is available. Additionally, they told us they had kayaks on the beach we could use, but only after we asked around did we find out there are also kayaks available in the lagoon. And finally, we read afterwards that they have several hot tubs on some of the roofs - we never heard about these. Maybe they are no longer available??
The only reason that I have not rated this hotel as a '5', is because we had a problem with our toilet that we complained about, but didn't seem to get fixed and we spent our last 3 days using the restaurant facilities which was very awkward. Apart from that, we spent an amazing 9 days there. The hotel is spotless, the staff can't do enough for you and the rooms are among the best that I have ever stayed in. The location is about 4 miles out of Placencia, but we borrowed 2 bikes each day and cycled in - a trip that took about 20 minutes and gave us its own adventures (there are also plenty of watering holes along the way!). The complimentary breakfast was varied and the food very good. The dinner menu was excellent. We had an awesome couple of dives with the Robert's Grove dive shop. The 'pier' bar is idyllic and daily happy hour with free snacks was fun. It is a place where you can do as much, or as little as you want. I would like to give special mention to Dario, (who made us fresh snacks when we were late for the start of happy hour due to diving) and Morris who always got our evening drinks spot on. I will treasure the memories that I take from here.
We spent six days in Roberts Grove, three with our grandsons (9 and 11). We loved it! There are tons of things to do (sail, kayak, windsurf, snorkel, tour, swim, snooze, eat and drink...), but mostly it's all about the great atmosphere and vibe. So relaxing, so warm and friendly. Highly recommended.