“Roberts Grove Beach Resort”

Robert's Grove Beach Resort
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Placencia
Placitas, New Mexico
“Roberts Grove Beach Resort”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Roberts Grove is a fabulous resort. The service is excellent and the rooms are great and very reasonable. Lots of amenities included, such as fitness center, swimming in their beautiful pools, as well as equipment provided for canoeing & kayaking, hobie cat sailboating, and bikes available for biking to Placencia or just for a local ride. Great on-site bar & restaurants and spa. You can have a full vacation and never leave the resort, or you can have the Roberts Grove concierge set up tours for scuba diving, deep sea fishing, snorkeling, kayaking up the Stann Creek River, boating up the Monkey River for Howler Monkey and Manatee watching, visiting the Maya Ruins & Cave swimming. One of the best vacations we have experienced!

Room Tip: The Family classic is a great choice as it has the feel of a villa but is cheaper, and will nicely a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
San Pedro
Reviewed September 16, 2012

A friend and I recently spent two nights at Robert's Grove while working on travel writing assignments. We were at the resort to work, not play. We both found the wireless to be strong enough for our purposes. Also, because we visited in September, the heat was intense. In our first room the AC didn't work. We asked the front desk to fix it twice. But when we returned to the room, the AC still wasn't working. We were assuming we would not sleep well that night. But within an hour the front desk called to ask if we could move next door. It was around 10 PM, but we did move, since the AC worked in that room. They let us move most of our belongings the next morning, since it was rather late.

The setting is lovely and the rooms spacious and well laid out. The food was decent, although the coffee was not the best. But I'll admit that the caesar salad I had for lunch was the best one I've ever had in Belize. (I live on Ambergris Caye fulltime.) I was quite surprised that the waitress actually made it right there, at our table. We also visited Habanero and enjoyed the restaurant and food there, as well.

My only true complaint is that I could smell the septic tank odor around the complex. It wasn't overwhelming, but was definitely noticeable. For this size of resort, I'd assumed they would have upgraded to a packaged sanitary treatment system. Hopefully the new owners will do so in the future...

In every sense, the service was exceptional. From my first call to make a reservation, to follow up after we left. I had forgotten my IPhone charger in the room. I called the resort late in the day, after we left, and asked that they look for it. The next day the maids found it, and the front desk called me back and asked what to do with it. Within a day they had sent it to my home in San Pedro, on a local flight, without any delay.

Unfortunately, I didn't have time to play with the water toys, so will have to return. Next time I'll come with my husband, for a relaxing stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Just returned from 7 days at Roberts Grove. Great staff, pleasant room, loved activities. Hotel Restaurant food left a bit to be desired, very average. Ocean toys could be updated. Still, with that said I would like to return someday. At times it felt a bit surreal, warm ocean breeze blowing through the resturant as I sipped a tropical cocktail made with local cocoanut rum, then the night sky lures me down a 150 foot dock to a view the milky way and more stars then I've seen in a decade..... only the sound of the ocean waves... Yea... Someday I'll return.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tracy, California
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We stayed at Roberts grove for my wife's birthday. We stayed for 8 days and had a great time. I have stayed at 5 places in Belize and this was far the best resort yet. The staff was outstanding, the staff were treated well and the excursions are the best we have ever been on.
I cannot say enough about how great the food was. The executive chef Peter was very talented and his staff worked hard to make our stay above and beyond average.
The owner Jean-Marc was constantly working and making sure everything was perfect for the guests. He was there early in the morning and was still working late at night every night. The attention to details was extreme. We are already planning our next trip back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Voorhees, New Jersey
Reviewed September 11, 2012

My wife and I went during the off season. Incredible resort, beautiful primitive location with first class service and accomdations. Took advantage of excursions and free use of hobie cat. Highly recommended. Great restaurants as well. We travel a lot, and really hated to leave. We will be back.

Room Tip: No bad location here.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank leonidas k
Woodbridge, Virginia, United States
Reviewed September 11, 2012

First, I want to say how amazing the trip was to this Hotel. Second, I want to say how incredible the staff was.

Wayne was our Fish tour guide and words can't express how awesome he was. The boat tour is 100% worth the cost... I promise! The private island is BEYOND gorgeous.

The wait staff - Ricky & Salum helped us EVERYDAY and were outstanding. They were awesome to be around and just really genuinely nice people.

The owners- I met one not even knowing it. He just was coming around and started talking to me about fishing and the location. 100% awesome...

Finally Ardith & Jennifer was the front desk worker's while I was there and they took the time to talk to us everyday. Can't thank them enough for checking up on us regularly to make sure our stay was above all standards.

I highly recommend this place. The management is great. The tour guides truly care about what they are doing. Most importantly the property is well taken care of it.

Room Tip: I was in the Classic Vista's which I think were great. I was next to everything.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dangriga, Belize
Reviewed September 8, 2012

In the under developed south of Belize one can find Roberts Grove, Placencia, Belize. Truly a wonderful experience. Having traveled to that area of Belize to look at vacation homes, condos and developments I found myself here for what turned out to be two nights. In a nutshell I spent $450US for 2 nights lodging, 5 meals and a day trip snorkling at the Jacques Cousteau Barrier Reef where I swam with various Rays, 4'-5' Lemon Sharks and one massive and I do mean massive Sea Turtle. Condos were available but I assume not for long as the owner Jean-Marc had only a few left. Not to worry all. There are many new developments being created in the Stann Creek region. You will be well taken care of a by a very attentive staff

Room Tip: I'm a light sleeper. The A/C units are older and a bit noisey. I had spent the prior 2 nights in...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ChapWehrle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Placencia
Maya Beach Hotel
#7 of 19 in Placencia
Naia Resort and Spa
Naia Resort and Spa
#5 of 19 in Placencia

Been to Robert's Grove Beach Resort? Share your experiences!