My son and I spent the last week at Robert's Grove in Placencia. The hotel is lovely and the staff are great. This is a wonderful place to either totally relax, play hard or explore an amazingly different world than home. The hotel is located right on the beach and you are just feet away from the water. The rooms have large patios so you can just sit out there and read a book or watch the lizards. There is a spa with a great massage therapist and the food is excellent. But if you want to play hard there are kayaks, and catamarans and those little pedal boats so you can be occupied and busy. The best part though is the tours. Belize is an amazingly beautiful country and you can go out and explore it from here. We snorkeled at Silk Caye which is incredible. So many different kinds of fish. The water was a little murky but I remember it being very clear on a previous trip so maybe there had been a storm recently. We also went to see some small Mayan ruins and the Cockscomb jaguar preserve. Those trips included river tubing and a swim in a huge cave. Loved the river tubing. Loved the idea of the cave swim but got a little creeped out once I couldn't see the entrance any more. But the great thing was the tour guide, Juan Pau, who was all about making the trip whatever you wanted. He had a plan but was totally flexible about adjusting it to suit us. Monkey River with Doyle is also a great trip. You will see a lot of critters. Both Doyle and Juan grew up and live in the areas they guide tours to so they really know the areas and are totally comfortable there.
So even if you just want a relaxing vacation take a tour-Juan will let you skip the hiking and just tube down the river and that is relaxing and beautiful.
My only criticisms are about the lack of a real good gift and sundry shop. You are out there so the hotel does need to be self contained and is a little weak in that area. The second thing is that though the food is super good it can be a bit slow getting to you. Maybe they are trying to teach me to relax.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the Caribbean coast of the Placencia Peninsula in southern Belize, the award-winning Robert's Grove Beach Resort, is a comfortable, beautifully appointed property set amidst 22 acres of tropical, art-filled gardens and sandy beach that offers easy access to all of Belize's top attractions: The largest Barrier Reef in the Western Hemisphere, lush Rainforest and Maya Ruins. Robert's Grove Beach Resort features 52 air-conditioned beachfront Classic Vista one bedroom rooms, one, two and three bedroom villas, with all the conveniences one would expect from a finer Beach Resort. There are three private beachfront pools and a host of complimentary activities and amenities that include free wireless internet, tennis court, fitness room, bicycles, pedal boats, kayaks, windsurfers and Hobie Cats. The resort offers three distinct and delicious dining venues: The Seaside Restaurant, with its accompanying bar and lounge, overlooking the beach and sea and serves an international menu along with local specialties. Room Service is available from the Seaside Restaurant. Habanero Mexican Cafe & Bar, offering a full range of Mexican dishes, overlooking the Placencia Lagoon at the Robert's Grove Marina and Sweet Mama's Restaurant a delight in Belizean home cooking and a unique outdoor setting. The food and beverage team at Robert's Grove Beach Resort also arranges special evenings and cultural programs on a weekly basis, including its famous Saturday Night Poolside BBQ Buffet with local music and dancing as well as Habanero's Tuesday night Mexican Buffet and Sunday Paella special. Romantic dinners atop the resort's thatched rooftop gazebos, private room terraces and thatched palapa at the end of its 225 foot pier offer additional dining pleasures. The Resort's spacious grounds, professional food and beverage capability and fully equipped conference room have made it an especially popular setting for large destination weddings, celebrations and business events. The Resort's Water Activity Center features the most diverse water sport activities in southern Belize: At the Resort's 5-Star PADI Dive Center a highly skilled team of dive instructors and dive masters are on standby for instruction as well as daily trips to the many exciting dive locations in our area. Snorkeling, Fishing and island hopping are available from our luxurious charter boats. We also offer overnight stays at our two privately owned islands. The Resort also operates a wide range of tours and excursions to the rainforest and Maya ruins, including Cockscomb Jaguar Preserve and Monkey River.And after a full day exploring the wonders of Belize's magnificent barrier reef and its tropical rainforest, Robert's Grove offers its guests the opportunity to pamper themselves at the resort's well-appointed "Sea Spa" where skilled therapists provide a wide assortment of massages and spa treatments in indoor and outdoor treatment rooms, using the jungle's best natural herbs and oils. Robert's Grove Beach Resort has long proven its commitment to high standards - both in guest services and its regard for nature and the environment. Known for its natural beauty and quiet conforts, it is the perfect destination from which to enjoy the best of Belize and the beautiful Belizean people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Robert's Grove Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Robert`s Grove Beach Hotel Placencia
- Hotel At Roberts Grove
- At Roberts Grove Placencia
- Robert's Grove Beach Resort Belize/Placencia