Serenade Hotel
Seaspray Hotel(Placencia)
Chabil Mar(Placencia)
Turtle Inn(Placencia)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsguest housecentral locationroom was cleana great place to staythe hotel stafftipsy tunaserenadedlancetvverandabelizeamenitieschannelssupermarketpeninsularefrigeratorcaribbean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 6, 2013

The owner of this clean two story hotel is the kind of guy you want to support in Placencia. Joel is a very professional owner with business experience from the US, his family is deep rooted in Placencia and the surrounding islands.

Joel has a keen attention to detail and is constantly keeping up the grounds of the hotel, his staff is friendly, cleanly and helpful. He also has a small classy barber shop on the grounds, he gave me a professional cut and shave - which was well needed! It was probably the best haircut I've had, and it was under $20 US.

I'm confident that as I write this Joel is updating things, and improving things; the hotel has been in his family for years, but he came a little while back and began renovating and restoring it. Definitely check out this hotel, it's about a 10 munite walk from the south tip of the peninsula, right down the walking path.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank domeboy
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I loved staying there. The owner was constantly trying to please. I am from seattle and broke my leg. The owner took me to the clinic, which was closed. He used his ties and got the docter to come in after hours and had me taken care of. I had to leave early unfortunatly. Sitting under the huge tree in front looking out at the water with a breeze blowing all the time keeps you cool. All the employees were more like friends. Anything you need anytime they are there, I cannot wait to return. I am handicapted from a stroke and to find a place with people so friendly and careing was just a joy.The owner will arrange any excursions you may want to do, and his knowlege and people he knows personally, really help make it a wonderful vacation destination.

Room Tip: upper level beach side
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank jerry j
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This was the second hotel we stayed at whilst in Placencia and it's lovely. The owner really took care of us.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank hampcamp
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Clean affordable and good location. A safe place to leave your stuff and explore this wonderful area and get your laudry done. We stayed here last year after a Raggamuffin sailing trip and we came back. The restaurant is closed for now but there are lots of places to eat close by.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank deb55_11
Reviewed July 24, 2011

I will definitely stay here again and againa and agian. The best part of staying at the Serenaded is definitely the people that run the place. They are boisterously friendly and a lot of fun. At times It felt more like visiting with family (without the issues) than staying at a hotel.

Reasonable rates and great location. The rooms are basic but actually very charming with AC available in some rooms. You can hang out on the veranda any time - have a meal (breakfast was my favorite) or enjoy a cool drink while getting to know the staff and other guests. This was a great way for me to get information on things to do and where to go. I really enjoyed my stay here. Met lots of interesting locals and travelers; It is a real crossroads and yet relaxed and peaceful at the same time.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo