Love this place. We stayed 2 days in Placencia, and enjoyed our time there, but the highlight of our trip was our 6 night stay at Hatchet Caye.
It is a beautiful island surrounded by beautiful water/marine life and amazing views. The rooms are comfortable and nicely appointed and have all you need. We had great weather so we were not in our rooms a lot.
My husband fished everday (fly, trolling, bait casting, hand lining) and had the time of his life - thank you Sean! We did 2 separate snorkel trips that were outstanding - kudos to Daniel and Sean for both a fun and educational experience. In the restaurant/bar(David, Charlie,Andy) the service was great and food (Chris) was delicious...there was not one meal that I did not enjoy. The last night Andy, Gordon, and Rasta entertained all of us with a Garafuna performance that had us all dancing, such fun! I can't say enough about Dasha and the whole staff - hard working and gracious hospitality. We will definitely be returning!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A private island on the edge of the Silk Marine Reserve, seventeen miles east of Placencia, Hatchet is on the longest reef in North America. Laugh, love, play, explore, relax, rejuvenate, and dine in the island lifestyle you want. with a mile of private shoreline and word class diving and fishing only minutes away. With a pirates past, a hideaway present, and an environmental future, Hatchet offers unspoiled environment for your unforgettable tropical island experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hatchet Caye Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hatchet Caye Hotel Placencia
- Hatchet Caye Resort Belize/Placencia