I was really hoping to have rave reviews of Hatchet Caye. Unfortunately, we spent 3 gloomy, stormy days locked on the island locked up in our bedroom watching DVD's. The weather was too cold and windy to enjoy anything outside. Luckily, the first day we arrived, we were able to enjoy the sun and do the turtle snorkling tour, which was great. Oh, the food was fabulous, no complaints there! And the staff were very accommodating. The weather just really bummed us out, so I learned not to plan a vacation fully dependent on the weather. There was no where to go except for into our room. They were not doing any tours on these 3 days. I felt like it was a waste, but that is no fault of Hatchet Caye. But for the price you pay, I left feeling disappointed. Had the weather cooperated, it would have been a nice relaxing 4 days on a secluded island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A private island on the edge of the Silk Marine Reserve, seventeen miles east of Placencia, Hatchet is on the longest reef in North America. Laugh, love, play, explore, relax, rejuvenate, and dine in the island lifestyle you want. with a mile of private shoreline and word class diving and fishing only minutes away. With a pirates past, a hideaway present, and an environmental future, Hatchet offers unspoiled environment for your unforgettable tropical island experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Hatchet Caye Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hatchet Caye Hotel Placencia
- Hatchet Caye Resort Belize/Placencia