My husband freaked out a little at the prospect of spending 6 days on a small island far offshore but he ended up loving it and wants to go back! We usually don't go back anywhere as there are so many places around the world to see but we are indeed planning to go back.
You can believe the endless rave reviews; it is all that and more! Everyone went out of their way to make your time on the island the most amazing, everything is perfectly beautiful, the food was delicious at every meal (yes sometimes dinner was a little long but what else do you have to do?). We went to see the turtles and took the Monkey River tour but otherwise stayed put, enjoyed our deck/hammack/lounge chairs, snorkeled off the pier, used the kayaks and pedal boats, and watched the sunsets from the crow's nest with a fresh drink.
At night the hermit crabs cross the paths around the island so we were glad to have brought a small flashlight so we could avoid crushing them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A private island on the edge of the Silk Marine Reserve, seventeen miles east of Placencia, Hatchet is on the longest reef in North America. Laugh, love, play, explore, relax, rejuvenate, and dine in the island lifestyle you want. with a mile of private shoreline and word class diving and fishing only minutes away. With a pirates past, a hideaway present, and an environmental future, Hatchet offers unspoiled environment for your unforgettable tropical island experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Evoline ltd and Orbitz so you can book your Hatchet Caye Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hatchet Caye Hotel Placencia
- Hatchet Caye Resort Belize/Placencia