My husband and I were looking for a different type of vacation other than our normal trip to Mexico and we sure did find it. I'm not quite sure what I can say that hasn't already been said but I'll give it a try......
From the beginning dealing with Dasha was a pleasure so I knew right away this vacation was going to be good, but didn't really know how good. Antonio, Andy, Chris, Phil, Fagan, Rasta, John and the many more made this a wonderful experience. I was worried my husband wouldn't like the small menu since he has a big appetite, but everything was wonderful and the portions were really nice. If your reading other reviews about needing to bring snacks, don't waste the space in your luggage. We did bring snacks, but never ate one thing and gave them to Andy so we didn't have to bring back home.
The snorkling was great right off the pier! We went out in the paddleboat, Rasta gave my husband a refresher course in sailing and the fishing was really good off the boat dock. The hammocks were heavenly. Oh and let's not forget the Belikin beer at the bar............
We did get dressed for dinner each night, but we spent everyday/all day in bathing suits so I wouldn't worry about bringing a bunch of clothes for the day.
We stayed in Cabana #2 the first night (due to our scheduling) and moved to Cabana #1 the "Honeymoon Cabana" for the remaining 5 nights. Both were very nice and I wouldn't have a problem staying in either one again, Cabana #1 is a single room and the rest are duplex style.
Our overall experience was wonderful and we have already scheduled our return for next summer. Thanks again to Dasha and her entire staff for making our trip awesome and hope to see Antonio and Andy on our return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A private island on the edge of the Silk Marine Reserve, seventeen miles east of Placencia, Hatchet is on the longest reef in North America. Laugh, love, play, explore, relax, rejuvenate, and dine in the island lifestyle you want. with a mile of private shoreline and word class diving and fishing only minutes away. With a pirates past, a hideaway present, and an environmental future, Hatchet offers unspoiled environment for your unforgettable tropical island experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Evoline ltd and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hatchet Caye Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hatchet Caye Hotel Placencia
- Hatchet Caye Resort Belize/Placencia