First things first, we loved it so much we have already scheduled to go back! If we could have stayed here all 7 nights of our honeymoon we would have, but wanted to see a few other things. However, once we left we longed to be back. =) I don't think there is to much that I can add that others have not commented on. I will just hit some highlights that I noticed had not been mentioned....
The menu, 3 meals, and they are from 7-9am, 11-2pm, and 6-9pm. If you like to snack bring stuff with you. At first, we were not sure we were going to like the location as we arrived at 3pm and had missed lunch, so we had to wait until 6pm for dinner. Also, not everything is always available that is on the menu. The island relies on shipments from the mainland, so if they can't get somthing, like tomatos, they won't make the ceviche. They also don't have dessert every night. Dessert is available based on the chef's ability to get it prepared between lunch and dinner. However, of the 4 nights we were there, we had dessert 2 nights. The dessert both nights was the same thing as they only offered one option.
Bring an underwater camera if you can! The snorkeling around the island is wonderful.
Take the snorkeling trip to Turtle handout...wonderful encounter with the sea turtles, rays and we even saw a shark. Fegan and Walter at the activity center are great.
We loved the staff and would highly recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A private island on the edge of the Silk Marine Reserve, seventeen miles east of Placencia, Hatchet is on the longest reef in North America. Laugh, love, play, explore, relax, rejuvenate, and dine in the island lifestyle you want. with a mile of private shoreline and word class diving and fishing only minutes away. With a pirates past, a hideaway present, and an environmental future, Hatchet offers unspoiled environment for your unforgettable tropical island experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hatchet Caye Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hatchet Caye Hotel Placencia
- Hatchet Caye Resort Belize/Placencia