“Tropical Paradise”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Coconut Cottage

Coconut Cottage
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Coconut Cottage
Westby sidewalk looking to the beach
Westby Sidewalk from the beach side.
Hammock zone
Front Porch - south
Front Porch - north.
Out the front door.
From the south side looking NE
View from the porch
Beds fromm kitchen
Beds from back door
New curtains! 2017
Beds from front door
Repainted since this pic.
Coconut Cottage sign just inside the gate from Westby sidewalk.
Cohosts Baby B and Auntie Fifi
Baby B
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

2012Trave...
Warren, Michigan
“Tropical Paradise”
Reviewed April 18, 2012 for a stay in March 2012

Love the cottage. It is very neat and clean. It is located right on the beach, the trade winds kept it very cool inside. We only used the ceiling fans at night. The location is just great, within walking distance to where ever we needed to go. Kay was always there to answer any questions we had, and we had alot!! The local food was wonderful, we ate out all the time. There is a kitchen but we just made tea in the mornings. We would stay here again and again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Looking out the window and seeing the ocean every morning.
Liked least: Nothing, it was perfect.
Traveling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Minnesota USA
Reviewed March 21, 2012 for a stay in March 2012

Ontario
Reviewed January 19, 2012 for a stay in December 2011
person found this review helpful

A romantic getaway Older travelers

wheeler72...
Chicago, Illinois
“Ideal For Backpackers”
Reviewed September 5, 2011 for a stay in August 2011

My wife was a little particular about bugs, and safety. This is a nice quant place for younger people. We are in our 50s, for the first 30 minutes we stared at each other. For young people looking to dive or snorkel, this is your place. Inexpensive and on the beach. Must say that the place was clean. The unit had 3 clip on lights, only the outlets were 8 feet away. The very first night, the fan stopped working, and the portable one quit working after being on 5 minutes. A miserable nights sleep. Could not stay another night. Left after the first night. OK again for some, but not us.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Directly on the beach
Liked least: Conditions of the cottage
Traveling group: With Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Management Response
Sep 4, 2011
Let me first say that I am very sorry you didn't enjoy your stay at Coconut Cottage. I regret that I wasn't there at the time to address your concerns.

There are very complete and pretty detailed pics of Coconut Cottage on Flipkey and the website where the cottage is shown in every detail.
I don't see any mention of an issue with bugs and safety in your review so I am wondering why you mention that when you say it was very clean.

There are 4 bedside lamps that stand on the night stand, not clip-on and there is an outlet behind each bedhead, which is less than 2 feet away.

You are right about the fans - it seems there was a power surge that knocked them both out. They have both been replaced.
Minnesota
Reviewed August 23, 2011 for a stay in March 2011

Traveling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 55-64
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing