“Nice decor food not so good”

Habanero Mexican Cafe & Bar
Ranked #37 of 74 Restaurants in Placencia
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Went here with a group of 8.
Ordered Shrimp for 30 dollars US.
12 shrimp arrived, after 45 minutes they were the smallest shrimp I have ever been served.
My husband ordered pulled pork that was so spicy it was inedible.
The fajitas our friends ordered were better.
Overall mediocre and overpriced but nice ambience.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

My husband and I wanted a snack, and stopped by here in the middle of the afternoon. When we inquired about ceviche, the staff went out of their way to accommodate us. Nice outdoor seating to watch the boats coming and going. Pleasant and restful.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I had the pleasure of dining at Habaneros Mexican Cafe & Bar recently and as much as I love Mexican food (all types) I find that Quesadillas ia always a favorite of mine n8 matter where I dine whennit comes to Mexican cuisine. With that said, I have to say thatbi found my secret spot that has the best Quessadillas I've ever eaten, and I have travel a lot! I don't know what Chef Hector did to that meal but it was simply AMAZING! The flavors were just incredible, from the salsa tonthe guacamole, fried black beans, the freshly made flour tortillas, and the seasoning of the chicken! I can eat the Quesadillas at Habaneros everyday if I could...my hats off to you Chef Hector! Not only did I enjoy my meal but the ambiance was simply serene, overlooking into the beautiful lagoon with all he boats in the marina. Anivar, our waiter was just so attentive as well, he made sure we were enjoying our meal! The entire staff just seemed very friendly. And to top of my day at Habaneros, Chef Hector recommended the dessert "HELADO FRITO" when we were served our dessert I was speechless as to how beautiful it was but the taste, I have no words to say...I enjoyed my meal and I have to say I am definately coming back! Que viva Habaneros

1  Thank McElroyLacurt
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We enjoyed our meal at Habanero - especially liked the Mexican buffet night.
Lots of fresh and well-prepared food, and the chef, Hector, was delightful.
We thought the entrance with the "tacky plastic illuminated cactus" was hilarious.
A nice change if you don't want to go all the way to town (Placentia).

1  Thank Kathy D
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Finally found Pork Pibil, and it was very good. Nice size portions and very flavorful. We also had the Chicken Mole dish which was also very good. We had the ice tea also was refreshing to sit and overlook the lagoon and docks.

1  Thank Chuckil