“Sorry to see it close”

The Purple Space Monkey Bar & Grill
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fun and funky in the daytime, with fresh, light lunch options and a family vibe, in the evening gourmets can indulge their individual tastes with Executive Chef Rick Labonte's World menu based on local and organic ingredients and savours, often with a trademark twist. Our attentive staff will make your romantic, celebration or large group dining pleasure their priority, from presentation through to great service. Right in the centre of downtown Placencia, over from the ball-field, our airy and open-plan dining room and smaller terraces are perfect for people-watching or that intimate dinner-for-two...while the superbly-stocked bar will fix everything from beers through fine wines to exotic or Caribbean cocktails...
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

I live in placencia and it is very upsetting to see the purple space monkey go. I've become very good friends with the owners and staff in the 2 years I lived here. This place will always be a gret memory in placencia's history. Good luck to Rick and Jon with their next business venture!

There are newer reviews for The Purple Space Monkey Bar & Grill

Reviewed July 4, 2014

This restaurant has never disappointed me. The specials of the day are imaginative and well prepared. A full service is available and the prices are reasonable. I dine here every time I visit Placencia.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

My husband and I visited Placencia for the second time in June/July 2013. When we were there in June 2009 the Purple Space Monkey was closed and I believe was purchased by someone new and reopened. Anyway, it is a fun, colorful place to relax and have a meal. The open air dining room is wonderful and allows diners to watch the comings and goings along the main road while enjoying a meal and a drink or two. The food is very good and the service is excellent. We will definitely be dining at the Purple Space Monkey when we return to Placencia.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

the drinks are good, but I think their pico de gallo and their just plain quesadillas (with sour cream, of course) may be the absolute best on the planet. We ate as much as we could of the menu (too little time) and NEVER had a bad dish.....

Reviewed June 22, 2014

We visited the day before they closed and were very happy with the food and service. We were told that the bar was going to remain though so if it is a drink you are looking for you may still be in luck.