“Best in Placencia!”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Dawns is delicious! Especially great for the picky eaters, her seasoning is wonderful and lights up every dish. Fried fish sandwiches, lobster, even the chicken tenders are far above average. Dawn is very sweet and even made her very sought after 'esceviche' soup for us on a Wednesday night. Generally she serves this delicious soup on Tuesdays only and we hear she has a line out the door! Must eat at Dawns at least once while in Plancencia, you will want to do it early in your trip because you will definitely want to go back!

There are newer reviews for Dawn's Grill

Reviewed June 28, 2014

The family and I ate at a number of places including Dethatched and Wendy's but the food at Dawn's grill and go was by far the best. I loved the fish sandwich so much I had it again (the same day) for dinner. My wife loved the escabiche and my picky 2 year old even found something she enjoyed.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

You need to go here if you are in the mood for some great food! We have a 2 year old and we have had a tough time figuring out places that she would like and let me tell you, we are happy we went! The seasoning she uses is bar none the best! I told her she needs to sell it! We have been on the island for 8 days and have had many fish sandwiches throughout, but Dawns is BY FAR the best in town! She is also an awesome person, she came by our table to see how we're doing and if we were happy with the food, and YES we were! We went 4 times on our visit and I am going today again being it's our last day on the island. It is an amazing restaurant, you need to check it out! Yum! Ps the Escabiche is to die for! So...in conclusion ...Dawns is the best on the island!

Loved it!

Reviewed June 24, 2014

My husband and I were taken here by our transfer driver for a quick lunch before our transfer to an island. We were craving some good food and ordered some cheeseburgers (beef) and fries. You have a choice of shrimp, lobster, or beef for your burger. All I can say is the burgers were insanely delicious! They were the best burgers and fries we have had in a long time. So good, in fact, that a week later when we returned from the island we risked running a few minutes late for our transfer to the Maya Airport for another cheeseburger! Might I say the beer was SUPER COLD! Cold enough to give you a brain freeze from the first sip. Nothing more refreshing on a warm, humid day. The staff was super friendly (both visits) and were willing to serve lunch early on our return visit since we were early for lunch but were about to leave home. This place is cute, quaint, staff is excellent and there were even upright fans you could use to help keep you cool. I highly recommend a stop here for some good food and great customer service. Unfortunately we were only here long enough to try the burgers but some items surrounding guests had looked really good as well. We suggest you give Grill N Go a try. You won't be sorry :-)

Reviewed June 22, 2014

We were looking for a lobster dinner on our last night in Belize. Dawn's Grill N Go definitely came through. The service was great (and there were eight of us..a challenge in and of itself), the food excellent and the ambiance very local. Prices were very reasonable.