“Delightful”

Ranked #4 of 81 Restaurants in Placencia
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Small Belizean, no-frills, family-owned restaurant focusing on big flavors. We offer meat and seafood specialties and regionally and internationally inspired dishes. Vegetarian and vegan friendly.
Reviewed February 8, 2014

From the moment you walk into the open aired, canopied area of the Grill N Go, Dawn greets you with a welcoming smile. The other guests seemed tuned into the friendliness as well, moving aside to other tables so our party of 6 could have the big table. The menu consists of Belizean wonders Dawn creates herself with a small group of help. Our group went two nights in a row as one visit wasn't enough. As other reviewers have said, the rum punch is special and made from fresh juices. I could taste watermelon and pineapple. The first night I had a fish creole which was delicious and the second night I bravely tried the Gibnut. It was so tender and beautifully marinated. You are a wonder Dawn. Want to visit Canada?

Reviewed February 5, 2014

My group of six all loved Dawn's Grill N Go. We went for supper there twice but had we tried it at the beginning of our trip, likely would have gone more. Dawn is friendly, helpful and an amazing cook. Three of us tried gibnut for the first time in our lives and loved it. Not normally something I would have tried but the trust I had in Dawn's cooking, from eating there the night before, gave me the courage to try something new. Also, the rum punch is a must try. Great service, food, atmosphere and prices!

Reviewed January 30, 2014

After reading other reviews, I was really looking forward to this place. The day we went there for lunch, everything was to be prepared deep fried. I requested that my shrimp be sautéed rather than deep fried. After much hemming and hawing, I was granted my wish. However, I was charged $2 for this and the shrimp came swimming in butter!! The service was not friendly and, needless to say, we didn't return during our 11 day stay in Placencia.

1  Thank Karen M
Reviewed January 26, 2014

The food was so good we had to go back the next night to try it again. The gibnut (paca) was so tender and tasty, all the seafood extremely fresh and well cooked. The rum punch and bread pudding amazing. Dawn the owner and chef friendly and informative.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

This review is a little late in being submitted but i was so impressed with Dawn's Grill n Go that I wanted to make certain it got the recommendation it deserves.

We stayed in Belize for 6 months and whenever we were visiting Placencia this was the place we made for whether for breakfast or lunch. Unfortunately, we were never around in the evening but people we had spoken with said that the food was excellent and the atmosphere is very different. All the food is fresh and cooked to order.

We had most things from the breakfast menu - all very tasty and good value. But fro me the thing I enjoyed the most were the cheese burgers. So delicious!!

What impressed us most was Dawn's interest in getting reactions from her customers. We were there on several occasions when she tested some new offering on one of her diners to get their reactions and comments.

Don't forget to buy Dawn's sauces - she makes these herself and are delicious. Go there and enjoy!