“Keep an eye out for the Gibnut!”
Review of Dawn's Grill

Dawn's Grill
Ranked #4 of 76 Restaurants in Placencia
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I was fortunate enough to go by here on a night they were serving gibnut (aka royal rat). I got the last one they had and the chef/owner was very nice and made my husband delicious garlic shrimp since I had the last gibnut. This place is very authentic to the feel/vibe of Placencia.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Absolutely wonderful food, friendly service and a great place to sit and relax. This small resturant on the main street turned out to be one of our favourite eating spots. Open in the evenings for the supper and always having a home cooked meal and fabulous deserts was something that we really appreciated. The Belikan was always ice cold and the bread pudding/rum sauce...mmmmmm there are no words to describe it. Sometimes the wait was a little longer than you would expect in such a small resturant, but when the meal came you knew the reason. Everything was done perfectly and Dawn always made a visit to the table to make sure you were happy with the meal. Thanks so much for your great "home" cooking!

Reviewed April 21, 2012

We stopped four different times over a three week period to try Dawn's. It was never open even though there was a board outside listing the specials. Not sure what was happening but it was disappointing.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

Friendly, casual restaurant serving local dishes. We tried breakfast and lunch - both were excellent.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

Throughout a two week visit to Placencia, my boyfriend and I dined at Dawn's Grill N Go on multiple occasions. We were able to experience breakfast, lunch and dinner with Dawn, and were impressed each and every visit. I personally believe she has the best watermelon juice in the entire village.

I highly recommend the specials as each is a special treat. The whole snapper, and even filleted snapper, were phenomenal. We also opened our minds and taste buds to trying gibnut, a Belizian delicacy, and were amazed as to the flavors and texture of the meal. Dawn also has her own Habernero sauce which is spot-on.

We visited Placencia during Easter celebrations, one of the busiest times of the year for the village. We were very pleased with the service Dawn and her staff provided despite the large crowds. The food was cooked fresh and to-order. If you want fast food, you may want McDonald's (which you thankfully will not find in Belize). However, if you want exceptionally fresh, healthy meals made to order then you have found the best place in all of Placencia!

We will be returning in the future, and I cannot wait to see what special dishes Dawn has awaiting!