“Fresh Fruit Smoothies”

Ranked #17 of 80 Restaurants in Placencia
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: The Shak Beach Cafe's menu boasts bold, flavorful food and smoothies with a healthy appeal, all made to order from the freshest ingredients. We find that superior, simple ingredients including real fruit and veggies set our smoothies apart from the others.
Reviewed June 28, 2014

My husband and I just returned from Placencia, Belize. Our mornings consisted of a walk on the beach and a fresh fruit smoothie from The Shak. The smoothies are made from fresh fruit delivered daily. My favorite was the Coco Colada, made with the best tasting pineapple and coconut. Another favorite was one made made with watermelon, pineapple, coconut milk and bananas. I enjoyed everyday with their amazing smoothies. My husband had to indulge with their jacks as well. Now that we are back home, I asked him what he wanted for breakfast. His response, "A Jack."

This is a great place with friendly quick service, with a view to die for. The prices are very affordable as well. Visit "The Shak" when you visit Placenicia and you will be happy you did.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

I've always liked the Shak and am never disappointed but a couple of Saturdays ago on a hot afternoon I went with a friend and varied from my usual and was of course pleased with my choice. Now of course I can't remember the name of the smoothie but it had pear in it and was delicious and so was the Chicken Ceasar wrap. I will say unless you have a huge appetite prepare to share the wrap, there's more than enough and you still get full!
Thanks again Magda, you never disappoint!

Reviewed May 4, 2014

When you wake up your first morning in Placencia, do yourself a favor and walk down to the end of the main sidewalk to the Shak. Order yourself a smoothie to go, and drink it while walking around on the beach. Repeat the next day. We went to the Shak 3 different times out of the 4 days we were in Placencia and every time the smoothies blew us away with their freshness and refreshingness (that's not a word, but go with it).
The Shak opens at 7am, so even if you are still on US east coast time like I was, you can get something to eat. The omelet I ate was flavorful and the food my travel companions enjoyed (conch fritters and Jerk nachos) was also delicious. They do not take credit cards which was a bit inconvenient especially towards the end of the trip when we were cash-depleted.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Went here for lunch on a slow-moving day. My food order was taken and my juice delivered rather swiftly. After 45 min's waiting time and only four tables occupied, I ventured to ask how much longer I should expect to wait. By two different staff members, I was explained that I was last in line, having arrived the latest. Apparently that meant that I didnt deserve even an answer or estimate to my actual question. That made me sit up, and since they hadnt begun cooking my meal, I could conveniently stop the order and pay my drink and make my leave. The juice was ok and wellpriced but reports on food quality mixed. I liked the location but never came back during my two week stay in them village.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

We ate here every day for 3 days. Breakfast was perfect. They have a wide range of smoothies that are all fresh and delicious. I had the Yoga blend several times. Basic breakfast was great, pancakes, eggs, bacon, bagels with tomatoes, cucumbers and cream cheese. Lunch quesadilla's and taco's were big and filling. Great place for basic flavorful food.