“Excellent burgers and frozen drinks”
Review of Barefoot Bar

Barefoot Bar
Ranked #10 of 76 Restaurants in Placencia
Cuisines: Caribbean, Mexican, Central American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Right on the beach in the heart of Placencia Village!!!!
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My wife and I came here twice for dinner. Both times the food was fresh and well prepared and drinks were strong and large. I really liked their frozen margaritas. Live music was an added bonus.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We can't say enough about the staff at Barefoot Bar. We had so much fun with Christie and another waiter on another night. We travelled with a very large group of people and we all loved it. They are very generous with food and drink proportions! Make sure to try the Belizian Long Island Iced Tea. Great music, atmosphere and people!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We had a great time here watching traffic. You see, there is only one main road that runs the entire peninsula of Placencia. The food is great as well as the music. The bartenders make really stiff drinks too. The Expedition team from Central America Overland Expeditions were lucky to to find parking for their Land Rover Discovery's while we went in to have a great breakfast.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

The place is full of energy with smiling attentive service. packed nearly every evening. always some reason to party.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We had stayed at Hatchet Caye Resort and we ended our 7 day vacation to Belize at Barefoot Bar in Placencia. We heard that Barefoot was "the place" to be (especially at night), however we only had a few hours to spare in the afternoon before our flight back to the big city. The bar itself is funky and fun. The bright colors of the walls, chairs and everything inbetween makes for a cool, fun vibe! Their menu is HUUUUUGE, for both booze and food. Both the drinks and the food were absolutely delicious. I started off with a Watermelon something (forget the exact name) which was made with an array of FRESH watermelon and fruit juices and local rum $3USD and it wasn't a teeny glass either. Supplemented with honey mustard chicken tacos (3 to a plate) the combination was heavenly. I finished off with their red wine sangria, and would have had 10 more but their "sangria lady" had the day off and we drank the last two glasses worth. When I asked for another there was only enough to fill the glass 3/4 full so the owner said it was on the house - SWEET! Between me and my BF we had 2 drinks each, a plateful of food and spent about $25USD. I'm looking forward to our next visit to Placencia to stop by and check out Barefoot's nightlife, dancing and live thumping music!