“Very helpful people. More than just a dive shop. Really a full--service adventure service.”
Review of Splash Dive Shop

Splash Dive Shop
More attraction details
Owner description: Splash teaches scuba diving from beginner to professional and many great specialities like nitrox, underwater photography, deep, underwater navigation, underwater naturalist, fish ID and more. With five dive boats you chose from multiple dive and snorkel destinations from marine reserves on the barrier reef, the Blue Hole, the atolls, whale sharks (in season) and Laughing Bird National Park and World Heritage Site. Our scuba retail store is well stocked with scuba and snorkel gear and we have lots of new and well maintained rental equipment. The Belize Tourism Board selected Splash as Tour Operator Of The Year in May 2013 saying Splash “excels I customer service, creativity and personalisation, while offering a variety of tours. This tour operator sets the bar for marketing initiatives, meeting the standards of safety and security, equipment quality, cleanliness and reliability. This awardee ensures that visitors have a memorable and lasting impression of Belize”.Splash has done over 150 certifications for kids through its Splash Junior Club (local kids get free scuba lessons) and was recently awarded a certificate of Excellence by PADI for exceeding goals for entry level water, continuing education and professional level certification goals. Our sister company, Quest, specializes in inland adventure tours such as Cockscomb Wildlife Sanctuary, Maya ruins, Mayan culture and homestays, zip lining and river tubing, horseback riding, Monkey River, fly fishing, deep sea fishing, and more... Splash partners with a hotels, resorts and tour operators all over Belize so can so can arrange the vacation of your dreams.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Splash helped our group (bookbagsanta.com) with everything. Sure, there were dive trips, but there were also hikes, zip lines, and river tubing trips. They organized it all, and were our ever-present taxis everywhere.

Visited August 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great snorkeling and fantastic vacation spot!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Splash Dive Shop made visiting Placencia, Belize a great experience! My boyfriend and I let the crew know what we wanted out of our vacation and they took it from there. Everything was set up for us which was great! I enjoyed a relaxing day at the spa and pool side. The snorkeling was an amazing experience! The snorkeling guides pointed out so many different sea creatures I would never have noticed. The whale shark snorkel/dive was a success! The crew suggested my boyfriend and I check out the Actun Tunichil Muknal(ATM) cave. It's a little out of my element to do something like this, but I'm glad I went through with it. It's something you can't miss out on. Thank you so much Splash Dive shop! We plan to come back soon!!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Nicole D
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Blown away by staff and dives”
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

great dive company and crew. They were all very helpful to ensure that my boyfriend was able to complete his Open Water Certification from the E-Learning referral. Mark was his Dive Master and was a complete crack up. He made the classes fun and easy to understand. I was doing the refresher course and he made me feel completely at ease. He allowed me to accompany my boyfriend as his dive buddy that not only put me at ease but also my boyfriend. Mark gladly and very effectively pointed out different fish and sea life to us. The first day we dove off Pompion Caye & the second was off Silke Caye. We say rays, loggerhead & hawkbill turtles, eels, and on our last dive were joined by three bottle nose dolphins.

The meal provided at lunch was amazingly good. BBQ chicken, scalloped potatoes & beans-all cooked fresh on each Caye. On Pompion Caye I had time to relax in a hammock and on Silke Caye we had fun catching hermit crabs. We also had the opportunity to watch two lemon sharks hunt while we ate lunch.

When we come back to Placencia we will gladly be booking our next dive trips with Splash. Very professionally run dive shop with extremely effective instructors who made all of our dives very fun!

Visited August 2013
Tallahassee, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Whale shark diving”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

These are the nicest people and very safety conscious. The food served was also very tasty and the diving locations was fantastic...memories of a lifetime.

Visited June 2013
Decatur
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great Vacation!!!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Patty, Ralph, and crew did an excellent job during the ten day vacation my girlfriend and I spent with Splash Dive Shop. I contacted Patty with the time frame I had available and she recommended dates for the best chance of whale shark encounters. She was spot on. The first day we were successful on diving with whale sharks. During our visit I spent five days diving (three whale shark diving and two reef diving) with multiple whale shark encounters, dolphins, turtles, beautiful coral formations, and even a manta ray. My girlfriend enjoyed three days of snorkeling (one whale shark and two reef) with great informative guides. Splash dive shop is very clean and well presented, they have a wide array of boats available, and their dive equipment looked very well maintained.

Patty and Ralph were very helpful with suggesting places to eat, land tours, etc. The food in Placencia was great. The fry jacks at Wendy's and the gelato at Tutti Frutti is a must try when visiting. If you have an adventurous bone in your body you should definitely schedule the Actun Tunichil Muknal (ATM Cave) tour on your trip. Splash Dive Shop made planning our trip effortless. We informed Patty of when our flights would land in Belize City and everything we wanted to do and she took care of the rest (transportation, diving/snorkeling, tours, and even a spa day for my girlfriend). We will be visiting Placencia, Belize again and diving with Splash, just not soon enough. I highly recommend going with Splash Dive Shop for all your adventures in Belize. Thanks again Patty, Ralph, and crew!

Visited May 2013