“"Quiet getaway"”

The Village Inn
Ranked #5 of 27 Placencia B&B and Inns
“"Quiet getaway"”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

If you are looking for a quiet, peaceful, private and relaxing vacation, then The Village Inn is the perfect place for you. The cabins are clean, comfortable and also entails a kitchen equipped with everything necessary to prepare yourself a nice home made meal. Just a couple minutes beach walk away from the village itself, The Village Inn allows for you to enjoy a private, peaceful and relaxing environment. Directly on the beach, just a couple step away from the waters.The owner/manager (Jacob) is very friendly and tries his best to attend to all his guests needs at their request....Trust me, you wont regret staying here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Calistoga, California
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We stayed in the cabin on the north side of the beach.The cabin was clean and very comfortable it is right on the water the television was a plus at night for us.Jacob(owner yes really)was a great host drove us to get our groceries and supplies on our first day,Got my husband bait on several occasions and drove us to the airport on our last day,really went out of his way for us.The huts where great to hang out under on our beach days.Our stay was great and we will return next year.

2 Thank robin a
Lundbreck
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Finally, I'm remembering to write this review after having a wonderful stay back in January. My wife and I stayed in de Mar while our friends were in de Playa. We couldn't ask for more being right on the beach for those gorgeous sunrises and comfortable beach walking distance to town. The bicycles were a bonus for quicker runs into town or just a pleasant, relaxing ride.

Jacob, the proprietor, does a terrific job looking after your needs and is checking in regularly making sure everything is working well. He really bends over backwards to ensure your stay is as good as it can be. He seemingly cannot do enough.

I recently heard of the unfortunate break in from a friend that was there at the same time and I just read the review. That actually happened in the cabana we stayed in which was quite a shock considering we left only a few days prior. I appreciate and am sympathetic to the traveller that experienced that trauma and loss.

When we first arrived and Jacob was showing us the place he was very clear about locking up, especially the kitchen window shutters. We did what he said and fortunately had no issues, but that's not to say that we couldn't have. If someone wants to get in, they are going to get in, regardless. It just depends how desperate and clever they are. I can only imagine how devastated Jacob is with this unfortunate event.

I guess what I'm saying with all this is simply that we take a chance by choosing to stay in a comfortably relaxed and "private" so to speak, accommodation such as a cabana.......any cabana, anywhere. The safe alternative resembles a bank vault which is not the same experience at all. Call me a fool but I would still go back, based on the fact that I know Jacob will have taken this very serious and will be taking steps to ensure this not repeating itself.

To bring it back to a positive note, my wife and I along with our friends really loved this place!

Room Tip: Cabanas next to the water are quieter than by the road.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Robert C
Cobble Hill, Canada
Reviewed March 19, 2014

The Village Inn Cabanas on Placencia Beach has to be the best possible location in Placencia. The two beachfront studios are literally a stone's throw to the shore line.

The cabins are clean with just enough comforts to make the place cozy. The bonus is the electric hot water in the shower.

Jacob, the owner and "hands on" operator is an extremely friendly down to earth fellow as well as very accommodating, offering us lifts into town and use of his bikes. We even had a family BBQ on Sunday with mom and other locals.

If you're an " ALL INCLUSIVE" resort type traveler this place is not for you but if you're looking for a quiet and self contained beachfront vacation this is it !

Bryan & Rebecca

Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Wonderful service from ALL the staff at the Village Inn They really know how to look after the guests requests Jacob took me all over town trying to get me a rental car . His mom drove us to town to get groceries. They even brought us a BBQ so we could cook the Fish that we bought right off the boats

These people really know how to treat their guests You felt like you were part of the family

I would highly recommend them

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Muenchen
Reviewed March 13, 2014

We stayed 3 days in the light blue cabana (Casita Playa) right on the beach, and I wish we could have stayed longer. The whole compound consists of 6 cabanas and is managed from an unsuspecting little building across the street wich has a porch that is used by guests to read email (complimentary Wifi) and/or chat with the owner, Jacob.
The cabana was meticulously clean and cool and breezy during the day. We never missed the AC. The real benefit is the shady porch right on the beach where you can spend the afternoon (facing east) after the motto 'Go slow'. The kitchen is equipped with everything required to cook even bigger meals. The big bathroom (which has the closet for clothes built in) has a real door that many other establishments don't have any more.
Walking into Placencia village takes 15 Minutes, the nothern end of the sidewalk is 0.5 km away and esy to find. Be sure you bring a flashlight for the walk home at night. Barefoot bar is less than 10 Minutes away. No safety concerns in Placencia that we heard of.

Room Tip: 2 cabanas closest to the beach.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ttg550
London, Canada
Reviewed March 7, 2014

It's funny how every negative post for this joint is no longer here. My experience is not pleasant. When I was overcharged by the manager he became upset saying, "it's not that much", I told him maybe not for you, but it was for me. He became upset and hung up the phone. ( Jacob never did refund the difference) Not more than 7 hours later we were robbed in the night. NOT A BREAK AND ENTER either, this thief had a key....I leave the rest up to your imagination.
I have since filed a "complaint" with the Belize Tourism Board and hopefully with all this no one else has to deal with this kind of abuse. Needless to say, I will never return there again nor will I recommend this place. The Police were great, but the problem is obviously deeper than a thief. There are many places to stay on the Peninsula so please, do your research and save the grief and stay elsewhere is my recommendation...I also stayed in Hopkins and frankly everything from the cabana to the beach was by far superior and far less expensive. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy coming to Belize, I spent 4 months there last year and this year 2 months, it's just too bad this kind of thing happens more regular than not at this small establishment as it can leave negative vibes for some but I won't just sit back and let someone walk into this blind....

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family