“Village Inn”

and 1 more site!
The Village Inn
Ranked #5 of 27 Placencia B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Wonderful service from ALL the staff at the Village Inn They really know how to look after the guests requests Jacob took me all over town trying to get me a rental car . His mom drove us to town to get groceries. They even brought us a BBQ so we could cook the Fish that we bought right off the boats

These people really know how to treat their guests You felt like you were part of the family

I would highly recommend them

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
There are newer reviews for The Village Inn

Reviewed March 13, 2014

We stayed 3 days in the light blue cabana (Casita Playa) right on the beach, and I wish we could have stayed longer. The whole compound consists of 6 cabanas and is managed from an unsuspecting little building across the street wich has a porch that is used by guests to read email (complimentary Wifi) and/or chat with the owner, Jacob.
The cabana was meticulously clean and cool and breezy during the day. We never missed the AC. The real benefit is the shady porch right on the beach where you can spend the afternoon (facing east) after the motto 'Go slow'. The kitchen is equipped with everything required to cook even bigger meals. The big bathroom (which has the closet for clothes built in) has a real door that many other establishments don't have any more.
Walking into Placencia village takes 15 Minutes, the nothern end of the sidewalk is 0.5 km away and esy to find. Be sure you bring a flashlight for the walk home at night. Barefoot bar is less than 10 Minutes away. No safety concerns in Placencia that we heard of.

Room Tip: 2 cabanas closest to the beach.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ttg550
Reviewed March 7, 2014

It's funny how every negative post for this joint is no longer here. My experience is not pleasant. When I was overcharged by the manager he became upset saying, "it's not that much", I told him maybe not for you, but it was for me. He became upset and hung up the phone. ( Jacob never did refund the difference) Not more than 7 hours later we were robbed in the night. NOT A BREAK AND ENTER either, this thief had a key....I leave the rest up to your imagination.
I have since filed a "complaint" with the Belize Tourism Board and hopefully with all this no one else has to deal with this kind of abuse. Needless to say, I will never return there again nor will I recommend this place. The Police were great, but the problem is obviously deeper than a thief. There are many places to stay on the Peninsula so please, do your research and save the grief and stay elsewhere is my recommendation...I also stayed in Hopkins and frankly everything from the cabana to the beach was by far superior and far less expensive. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy coming to Belize, I spent 4 months there last year and this year 2 months, it's just too bad this kind of thing happens more regular than not at this small establishment as it can leave negative vibes for some but I won't just sit back and let someone walk into this blind....

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
8  Thank Ont A
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Best Cabna on the beach. Jacob is a great host and takes pride in his Cabans. They are very well spaced apart and not on top of each other like the other ones in Placencia. At least once a day somone walking the beach stoped to take a pic and often ask questions. We will be back!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bradsheri
Reviewed December 22, 2013

What a great place to stay, family oriented, great staff, Fishing was great with Jacob what a pro !!!!
The Cabins are excellent and comfortable .. I will be there like a bear next year ...
Thank you Village Inn !!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Humberto S
Reviewed April 21, 2012

The most perfect setting for cabanas anywhere! Jacob made us feel welcome the moment we arrived. A short walk from the sidewalk, close to the airport. Fishing from the beach. Could not have been better!

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank Michael_Nix
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We loved staying at the Village Inn. Location was perfect. Short walk into the Village, but away from the noise and activity. Sitting on the wraparound porch we saw dolphins swimming in the bay and huge starfish hanging out 10 feet from our cabana. The cabanas are very comfortable but if you want luxury you may not be happy here. We enjoyed being left on our own, but if we needed anything Jacob was more than helpful.

Room Tip: The Cabana Del Playa is right on the beach with a wrap around porch. Let the sounds of the sea lull...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family