“YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!”

Placencia Eagle Ray Tours
Ranked #17 of 45 Tours in Placencia
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer great snorkeling, monkey river, sunset cruise, manatee watching, fishing, jaguar preserve, mayan ruins, cave tubing, and zipline Tours. Also offer Caye Camping and Group discounts. Agent for Tropic Air. We can also book accommodations for you. Owned and Operated by local Belizean couple Rene and Tricia. Our trips as awesome, our guides Licensed, knowledgeable and friendly, and we have been advised our customer service is excellent. Come explore the Belizean adventure with us. All tours are USD per person, exception is Charters which is one price for set number of people. GST is included in the price. Park fees are not included unless stated otherwise on our website.
Whitefish, Montana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Read all the reviews and BELIZE 'EM! Rene and Tricia are dynamite team! Tricia is terrific, helpful and professional. We were lucky enough to spend 3 days with Rene....Monkey River, snorkeling at Laughing Bird Caye, and a private fishing trip. We caught fish and had a blast ! Tricia fried up some barracuda for us when we returned. It was amazing and it was nice to eat dinner there after a long day on the water.....Tricia and Rene are very kind and thoughtful. No matter what tour you do with Eagle Ray, YOU WILL NOT BE disappointed. The only way you could go wrong is not booking a tour with them! Simply fantastic! We are returning to Placencia next year and we can't wait to have Rene take us on some more adventures!

Visited December 2012

Sandwich, Illinois
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Enjoyed our day on Monkey river tour”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We have a great time on the monkey river tour. They went out of ther way to make sure we didn't miss anything. We saw Monkeys, birds, Manatee, and even a spotted eagle ray. Also enjoyed a lunch in the monkey river cooked my locals. Very good. A must do when in Placencia

Visited November 2012
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Handline fishing with Rene”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We spend a great day bottom fishing with Rene and caught several fish, mostly pan size. Lots of snappers, and some small groupers that are always small. I can not remember their species name. After we donated some of the fish to Rene, and he offered to fry these up for us to taste and to take back to the hotel. Tricia( his wife) fried up a bunch and they were delicious. Both Rene and Tricia are helpful and professional and I recommend them both highly.

Visited November 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Tours, Great People”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Tricia was very helpful and professional in setting up our snorkeling and Cockscomb tours. Had a great time snorkeling with Rene - very friendly, experienced, and helpful. He obviously enjoys sharing his knowledge. We had such a great time, we booked a last second snorkeling/fishing trip with Rene. Thoroughly enjoyable!

Visited September 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great tours, even better people”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I will without a doubt return to Placencia and use this tour company multiple times in the future. My husband, sister-in-law, and I traveled to Placencia for a little over a week this summer, and we used Eagle Ray Tours for 4 tours. They also picked us up from the airport in Belize City and drove us down to Placencia (with a great lunch stop in Belmopan), and that was a tour and learning experience in itself while we drove down the beautiful Hummingbird Highway. Tricia is also a Tropic Air agent and helped us schedule our flight back to Belize City (clearly we liked this company since we used almost all of their services!).

We did the Monkey River tour (saw several howlers and had a great lunch in the village, and saw manatees on the way back), snorkeling (Rene is a fabulous and knowledgeable guide, we saw squid, turtles, lots of rays, urchins, and a crazy amount of fish), fishing (again, Rene was helpful and knowledgeable, we caught tuna, king mackerel, and jacks almost until the boat was full), and tours of Lubaantun and Nim Li Punit (were scheduled to do tubing in Blue Creek Cave, but couldn't because of flooding. Our guide for this was also very nice and helpful).

Beyond what we actually did on the tours, which was so fun I can't wait to do the exact same thing again (which is very unlike me), Tricia and Rene are two of the nicest people I have ever met in my life, and they really care about Placencia and Belize in general.

Tricia helped to set up all of our tours, made our lunches, and then came to our hotel with fresh bread to help us prepare and grill the fish that we had caught for an amazing dinner. She kept us up to date on some weather-related scheduling changes, taught us about Placencia, and even wrote her personal recipes out for me to make at home (not that I can make rice and beans nearly as well as she can!). Really just a wonderful, friendly, and helpful person.

Rene also helped to make our trip extra special. He clearly loves his job, knows the reef, mangroves, and islands like the back of his hand, and really cares about helping visitors experience the best parts of Belize while protecting the wildlife and maintaining the area's unspoiled beauty. He told us where to get the best wine, cleaned our fish for us (then took all of the fish we couldn't eat to give to friends in the village, which made me very happy), and shared so much with us about his own island, his family, and his life there, that we can't wait to come back and spend more time with him.

I apologize for the long review, but I really and truly can't say enough about this company. I wish every tour company in the world ran their business with this much kindness, personality, and friendship. The world would be a better place with more people like Tricia and Rene! Book ALL of your tours with this company; you won't regret it!

Visited June 2012