“Home Cooked Meals”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of De Tatch

De Tatch
Ranked #12 of 72 Restaurants in Placencia
Cuisines: Caribbean, Bar, Seafood, Central American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Stevensville, Canada
“Home Cooked Meals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Wonderful home cooked meals and the best breakfast while dining by the sea. Small local restaurant with great service.

Visited July 2013

Littleton, Colorado
“De Tatch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Although we only had a single visit, De Tatch restaurant has some great dishes on the menu. We had some black soup of which I cannot recall the name but it was amazing. A great selection of seafood dishes, all local foods and reciepes.

Visited November 2012
London, United Kingdom
“"Beer-Batter Shrimp...Cocount Shrimp...Shrimp Special..."”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

I have been going to Belize since 2009 and have dined at De Tatch on more occasions than I can count and I can honestly say I have never been disappointed with a meal there.

The fish special is always a delight whether its the snapper in tomato and cilantro or the coconut snapper they are both to die. The coconut chicken is also very delicious! All meals coming with rice/mash/fries or salad, so portion sizes are great!

And as I write this my husband is leaning over me passionately saying....and i quote "I haven't had a bad meal there...actually I haven't had an average meal there let alone a bad one" I believe these words alone are testament to how above average the food is at De Tatch.

And don't even get me started on their beer-batter shrimp, which comes highly recommended. Every time I have been I have ordered the beer batter shrimp as I was told 'you must try it' and every time I have watched the waitress walk back to my table to tell me they were sold out (testament to how good it is)...this was in 2009. Then again in 2011 it was sold out, and I went back to London without trying it. And so on my trip this year I was determined to try it and after visiting two times previously to be told it was sold out, I was losing hope. Luckily on my last visit of the trip they were not sold out and I finally got to try it. And boy was it worth the wait!!!! Was so delicious (words are not enough)!!!

In all De Tatch is one of the best restaurants in placencia...and I have visited them all. The price is right for their beautiful, tasty menu and it is every bit the Belizean dining experience you could hope for as a holiday maker(it's on the beach)!!! I recommend going at night as the atmosphere of hearing the waves in the back ground as well as being under the thatched roof of De Tatch is the perfect evening meal setting!!!

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank sam_solomon13
North Kansas City, Missouri
“CHEESEBURGER!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

I go to De Tatch regularly, the food is delicious, reasonably priced, good service. And did I mention the Cheeseburger, well for the price either the single or double are Awesome and the best on the peninsula!! Great location, right on the beach. Nice breeze. Also, for breakfast try the stuffed Fry Jack U will not be disappointed!!

• Visited August 2013
Houston, Texas
“Umm, fry jacks...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

Some of the best food on the island with the best view. We visit Placencia at least once a year, and we always stop to eat here. The stuffed fry jack for breakfast is outstanding, a must try.

Visited April 2013