OK, I agree with all the other 5 Star comments,Jacki is a GEM! Wonderful personality, extremely helpful, treats you like family.
But here is a bit of info that has been left out so far. We tend to eat in more than out so here goes.
1. Well stocked kitchen. enough quality pots and pans to cook any meal
could use a knife sharpener.
2. coffee maker with coffee and sugar (you don't see that every day)
3. salt and pepper shakers with salt and pepper. We always bring our own spices (saves having to buy large quantities, then leaving the rest there)
4. No microwaves, but full gas stoves with ovens and large fridges
large grocery store 5 minute walk
5. flat screen tvs with hundreds of channels
6. free bikes.
The one bedroom apt. is very spacious, bright, airy, with great balcony but faces south and also the main street and gets quite hot during the day and noisy when there is traffic
The two bedroom apt. downstairs at the back is much cooler,and quieter, not as bright and airy, does not have any ceiling fans, but the air conditioner set on high fan does the trick.
The nicest is the studio also downstairs at the back, . Lots of counter space, cool, bright, airy, quiet, and has fans.
Casa Placencia is 2.5km from the docks, which is the center and furthest you can go into town.It is also 2.5km from the airport.
There are plenty of restaurants with great menus, mostly creole, and plenty of local vendors serving burittos, rice and beans, and other local dishes.
Lunch is usually around $10BZ, supper is $15-$25BZ. A beer is $4BZin the restaurant, $3 at the grocery store.
On a personal note; Belize is a country where when you walk down the street everyone greets you with a nod, or a hello, and a smile. And they are not trying to sell you something, they are just friendly people!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Placencia is a small, casually elegant, reasonably priced establishment located in a quiet & safe neighborhood at the north end of Placencia; a short walk to a great beach, local restaurants, bars & shops; surrounded by lush tropical gardens, edible fruit trees & vines-pick bananas, papayas, coconuts and more year round..... Offering economical Garden Rooms with tiled showers & handicap access, as well as three furnished Apartments, filled with custom fabrics, original paintings & handcrafts from Central America & Hawaii; private verandahs or screened rooms to fully enjoy living outdoors which is how we prefer it, here in Placencia paradise.... First floor-Garden Views. Garden Rooms-Queen or Twin Beds, adjacent Kitchen avail for guest use. Studio Apt-Queen Bed-Bathroom w/soaker tub; HUGE outside Living Room w/custom vine furnishings. Two Bedroom Apt-Queen and Twin Beds-spacious Bathroom with Tiled Shower for two; HUGE outside Dining Room w/custom iron/tile furnishings. Second Floor-One Bedroom Apt, sunrise & sunset views-Queen and Twin Beds-Tiled Shower Bathroom. Owner/Manager Apt, distant lagoon & Maya Mountain views. All accommodations provide Air Conditioning, Ceiling Fans, fully equipped Kitchens, 24/7-WIFI, Cable TV w/HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, and more....Books, DVDs & Games, as well as Beach Cruiser Bikes for guest use. Shared area in backyard w/expansive mosaic tile BBQ, Palapa w/custom table, adjacent to fruit & veg garden & compost area; Parking available. Designer/Manager, Jacki Tipton, who built this property with beauty, budget, comfort & ecological living in mind, has been in Belize for many, many years & enjoys sharing her love & knowledge of the entire country, as well as her favs on the Placencia peninsula, (she may bake one of her yummy treats, if you ask her). Everyone speaks English and our safe to drink water originates from across the lagoon in Maya mountain streams; the tastiest in the entire country! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Casa Placencia Belize