“Healing!”

The Secret Garden Massage and Day Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Lee, the owner was certified in Tokyo, Japan and has over 20 years experience. Established in Placencia since 1996 and also one of the very first Massage Therapists in Placencia! We do serious body and energy work...No gimmicks! We also offer couples massage side by side in the same room. Stop by and check out our signature treatments (All Natural Facial,Treat Your Feet and Chocolate Coffee Scrub..Created right here in the garden!) We are located centrally in the village right across from the soccer field! We also offer Yoga and Qigong in our garden!
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Activities for older children
Placencia, Stann Creek, Belize
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Healing!”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

One of the best massage's I have every had. Lee knows what she is doing and has years of experience. I would describer her as a healer. An hour of bliss!

Visited September 2012

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best Massage Ever!!”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The Secret Garden is a little piece of paradise within paradise. It is such a beautiful setting, with all the gorgeous trees and if you are lucky, you may see one of the many beautiful iguanas. Lee's massage is by far the best massage in the world! She is extremely knowledgeable and provides deep relaxation in a magical environment. I have been for several treatments with Lee, most notably, after I had broken two of my ribs and was struggling to breathe. After an hour under Lee's healing hands, I was able to breathe a lot easier and had better range of motion. I cannot recommend Lee highly enough. She truly is one of Belize's special treasures.

Visited March 2012
Worland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best Massage in Placencia!!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

If you are looking for an amazing and relaxing massage, The Secret Garden is the place to go. The atmosphere is perfect and Lee is awesome! I have had many spa treatments and I would have to say the massage from Lee is right up in my top 3! Her prices make it possible to just about have a treatment every day of your vacation. So do yourself a favor, book your treatment soon!!

Visited September 2012
Portland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Treat yourself to a mini-retreat!”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

The Secret Garden is a cozy sanctuary in the middle of town shaded by tall fruit trees. Once you step under the archway you leave the relative bustle of downtown Placencia behind. During mango season you might spot the village's enormous iguana munching on the plentiful orange fruit. If Lee (or one of her associates) is currently giving a massage, you might hear the sounds of Japanese flute, or maybe a harp, floating down from her spa in the second story of her house. It is just a lovely spot. You will already be at ease before your massage even begins. A rare toucan and plentiful other wildlife can always be spotted on the property. As you wait for your turn, have a seat and enjoy the sights and sounds, and don't forget to appreciate the diverstity of color and texture that surround you. (Have a coffee in the restaurant if it is open, I highly recommend them, too!)

Lee's massage studio is bright and airy and feels like a tropical treehouse. Sheer, gauzy curtains billow in the breeze and offer glimpses of the lush green that surrounds. Oh, and Lee really know what she is doing, that goes without saying. She is highly trained and has a warm energy about her that is so important with hands-on body work. She is also an amazing lady with enough stories to circle the earth. If you see her out at Barefoot, be sure to say hello and have a chat and thank her for the wonderfully unique and rejuvenating experience of getting a massage at the Secret Garden. She has been loving, improving, and perfecting her craft for a long time!

Visited October 2011
Toronto, Canada
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“One of the best massages I've received!”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

My friend and I visited Placencia for 4 days on our trip to Belize. We stayed at The Placencia Hotel and wanted to venture outside the hotel for a more realistic experience plus we were doing Belize on a budget (don't be fooled we received our Placencia deal via a Groupon offer :). I contacted Lee and told her it was my friend's birthday and she offered a 10% discount which was very thoughtful, considering we were in Belize on a budget! Our massages were 50% cheaper than the cost at the hotel.

Prior to arrival we were a bit sceptical because my friend had a shady massage in Brazil and I often stick with the Elmwood Spa in Toronto or when on vacation have massages done at the hotel. The waiting area was charming, simple, and very tropical. We waited in the garden and listened to beautiful relaxing music coming from the massage room.

We both had a Swedish massage by Lee and another amazing massage therapist. We both agreed that it was one of the best massages we've ever received! We left feeling relaxed and rejuvenated! The massage rooms provided an ambiance of beautiful simplicity and nature-infused-spirituality (something lacking in North American spas and what I'd assume you'd find in the bigger hotels).

Thanks so much Lee and her amazing colleague for making our visit to Belize an amazing and relaxing one! I highly recommend visiting The Secret Garden Spa!

Visited July 2012