“Food always fresh and delicious”
Review of Rumfish y Vino

Rumfish y Vino
Ranked #8 of 73 Restaurants in Placencia
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Rumfish y vino is centrally located in the Placencia Village Square. Overlooking the ballfield has a festive and breezy atmosphere, and a cool ecclectic soundtrack. A GASTRO-BAR Central American style. From tapas & wine...to frosty draft beers & fish tacos, there is something for everyone to enjoy! AMAZING handcrafted cocktails made from fresh fruit infusions and housemade extracts. Ginger, Cocomut, Pineapple, Watermelon Mojitos and more. Small plates style dining plus great entrees and fresh and inspired specials daily. A place for locals and tourists alike. Rumfish y vino proudly imports all of their own wines too. Outdoor and indoor dining, and a big central bar with comfortable seating for dining or just enjoying a few Watermelon Mojitos!
wisconsin
“Food always fresh and delicious”
Reviewed December 31, 2009

We ate at Rum Fish two times while in Placencia. Both times the food was excellent and the drinks very tasty. The prices are a bit higher than other restaurants in town, but the menu is more diverse and the atmosphere a bit more "classy". Had our first plantain chips which were delicious! The only problem was that they play loud music in the late evenings and our rental house was behind the restaurant!!

1 Thank cebes

denver
“PERFECT! Awesome Sangria & food to match.”
Reviewed December 4, 2009

Perfect Caribbean atmosphere. A perfect addition to Placencia, Belize. I'll be back - tonight, actually!

1 Thank BMannsfeld
Placencia, Belize
“My Husband's Special Birthday...”
Reviewed November 30, 2009

Being my husband's first birthday here in Placencia since we relocated, I wanted him to have a very special experience. I had heard rave reviews about this establishment, so I thought "why not?" I contacted the owner directly and emphasized my husband's likes (fresh fish and conch) and dislikes (anything too spicy) and asked to have a creation made especially for him. Johan and his staff did not fail - chicken liver pate' served on spiced mini toasts with our cocktails followed by deep-fried conch fritters (my husband states they were the most unique and by far the best he has ever eaten!). The entree' consisted of fresh-baked snook fillet served hot on a bed of ratatouille infused with marinara... Exquisite! Everything inspired and prepared from the freshest ingredients by the peninsula's most talented Chef Sam and served by the most attentive staff and host/owner (John)... I could not have asked for a better evening! Our table was even sprinkled with little "Happy Birthday" confetti and birthday greetings were sung by the whole establishment! I also want to know who their decorator is... Fantastic decor! Thank you so much, John, for a wonderful experience!

2 Thank Cheryl21598
Georgia
“lively place”
Reviewed November 19, 2009

We noticed this spot our first night in Placencia because it was the loudest place in town after sundown, so we decided to find out what it was. Placencia in October tends to be rather calm and quiet.. So, we went back our second night, and found it wasn't rowdy, it's just so open to the evening that everything is heard. The food is wonderful! The service is great , too. I didn't know what I wanted to drink, and the owner asked what types of drinks I liked and had something made that was super. This is the spot to go for authentic Belize cuisine.

2 Thank Yorkieteacher
Los Angeles
“Fab dinner on our honeymoon...”
Reviewed November 1, 2009

My husband I stayed at the Turtle Inn for our honeymoon. We wanted to try some restaurants in the area and ask the hotel staff where we should eat and they recommended Rum Fish y Vino. I am so glad they did! We loved everything about this place. The owners are so nice and friendly and took the time to come to our table and chat with us. The food was amazing! The price was reasonable and I thought well worth what we got. Great meal, great atmosphere, great owners, and great drinks. What more could you ask for?

2 Thank food_lover_in_LA