“best-in-town”
Review of Rumfish y Vino

Rumfish y Vino
Ranked #8 of 82 Restaurants in Placencia
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Rumfish y vino is centrally located in the Placencia Village Square. Overlooking the ballfield has a festive and breezy atmosphere, and a cool ecclectic soundtrack. A GASTRO-BAR Central American style. From tapas & wine...to frosty draft beers & fish tacos, there is something for everyone to enjoy! AMAZING handcrafted cocktails made from fresh fruit infusions and housemade extracts. Ginger, Cocomut, Pineapple, Watermelon Mojitos and more. Small plates style dining plus great entrees and fresh and inspired specials daily. A place for locals and tourists alike. Rumfish y vino proudly imports all of their own wines too. Outdoor and indoor dining, and a big central bar with comfortable seating for dining or just enjoying a few Watermelon Mojitos!
Reviewed December 10, 2011

Great place with a great ambiance. Great food & drinks. The staff here is very professional and hospitable like you would find at a Four Seasons Hotel. Nice bar with great menu & great music. Simply my favorite place in town.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,601)

Reviewed December 10, 2011

Food is inventive and prepared perfectly. Restaurant is always clean. Music choice is amazing. The servers are all smiling. We travel to Placencia twice yearly and make Rumfish a must stop every trip.

1  Thank holymooly
Reviewed December 5, 2011

We were there over Thanksgiving with our adult kids. Went back twice during the trip after having the "fresh fish mac and cheese" the first time (sounds strange but really good!) Really great food and the infusion cocktails were a big hit. Sit on the balcony in the breeze and relax. This is owned by a couple of US expats who are always there, very friendly, and know how to take care of their customers. We miss the place already.

Reviewed December 5, 2011

Thought is was going to be great...but only the Watermelon Mojito was good. Lot's off great things offered in writing but no flavor...boring food to the tongue.

Reviewed December 5, 2011

I recently stayed in Placencia for four nights, at a hotel near Rumfish y Vino. On my first day walking through town I noticed the sign for this place and decided I wanted to eat here before leaving the village. Something about the graphics just sold me before I even knew anything about it! A few days later I came for dinner with my husband. The restaurant was busy, but we were seated immediately outside. My judging on appearances didn't dissapoint me!

The restaurant is definitely the hippest, most upscale place in the village. Take this with a grain of salt though, in most other locations it would be just another casual bistro, but here it stands out for being a bit more modern. The menu was a blend of American and Carribbean with some interesting twists on classics. I ate a flatbread with hummus and vegetables on it. My husband had a burger. There is a large drink list, and beer is served on tap.

I was very impressed with our meals, particularly because the menu holds items you won't find in other eateries in the village. I wouldn't eat here every day (too many other delicious locations around!), but I would reccommend it for at least one meal while you're in the village!