“Its Great!!!”

The Secret Garden Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 73 Restaurants in Placencia
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Relax in our garden & enjoy our "Asia de Caribe" cuisine --- combining influences of Spanish, Caribbean and Creole Cuisine with Pan-Asian cooking and flavoring techniques. You'll want to experience our "Signature Stacked Ceviche" --Local Fresh Snapper Ceviche Over Wasabi Guacamole, Fresh Cream, Red Chili Sauce and Lime Essence..... We're located in Placencia Village, across from the basketball courts.
Toronto
“Its Great!!!”
Reviewed February 12, 2009

I went to Placencia about a month ago and was pleasantly surprised when visiting the Secret Garden. The owners (fellow Canadians) are very nice and accomodating and the variety of food is great! Plus its fresh, which you can't always find in Placencia. Overall a great experience and I would recommend it to anybody.

2 Thank starks0980

• Polish first
Hudson, New York
“Sweet!”
Reviewed February 8, 2009

We went to the Secret Garden for breakfast and dinner and enjoyed the casual atmosphere and welcoming hosts, owners Erin & Josie. Their menu is created daily based on fresh ingredients, including just-caught fish, available that day. You can get a delicous traditional eggs, pancake, waffle breakfast with local fruit and fresh baked bread. The coffee is excellent and they also make fine espresso drinks. Dinner was equally good. We enjoyed tuna that was caught that day. This restaurant is a hidden gem and a good value for wonderful food. We recommend highly.

1 Thank BluebirdNY
los angeles
“Idyllic friendly, dellicious lilttle restaurant”
Reviewed January 27, 2009

We loved this restaurant, the owners are talented and sweet and really care about ambiance and quality. We found ourselves returning for a meal almost every day, the breakfasts are great, the dinners are creative and yummy. It is welcoming, relaxing and cosy inside, and the patio is unique and charming.

4 Thank sara6060
Toronto, Canada
“Won't be a secret for long!”
Reviewed January 19, 2009

I was lucky enough to spend the first week of the new year in Placencia, and even more lucky to stumble across The Secret Garden.

I was first taken there by friends (locals) who seemed pretty jazzed that this resto had re-opened relatively recently under new ownership, and with a revamped menu. The hosts, a Canadian couple, were exceptionally friendly, and though the menu looked a tad ambitious, I settled on the Shrimp sautéed in Red Thai Chilis.

When our meals arrived, I shuddered briefly -- the presentation was so artistic that it made me question the culinary merits of what I was about to consume (I've been burned before by food-as-sculpture; that looks swell but tastes like sawdust).

My fears were absolutely unfounded -- the meal was top-notch; fiery but still nuanced. And good enough that I resolved to return later in the week for another taste.

Our gang returned to the Secret Garden a few days later, and I was ready for Round Two of the shrimp. On this visit, though, we bumped into the chef who was chatting with people at the table next to us. He recognized that we'd been in before and struck up a chat. He told us that he'd been with local fisherman earlier in the day, and that I might want to try the grilled barracuda that was one of the evening's specials. I did, and again, it was superbly done.

If you're going to Placencia, then put The Secret Garden on your list. For such good food, presented so well, it's a steal, with prices ranging from US$12 to $20 per entree.

P.S. A nice bonus were the house drink specials -- the second night we were there we were treated to out-of-this-world Sangria. And I seem to remember downing a French Martini or two...

2 Thank Ceej3
Placencia, Belize
“Best restaurant in Placencia!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed January 19, 2009

Chef Brad is an excellent chef! The food was superb. We ate there every chance we got. The three owners, Erin, Jodie, and Brad, make an excellent team and fully complement each other.
The atsmoshere is relaxing and very inviting. It's hard not to feel at home with this team. I would highly recommend it to everyone. It is by far one of the best restaraunts anywhere!!!!!!!!!!

3 Thank PlacenciaBound