“Delicious food and great ambiance in Belize” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Secret Garden Restaurant

The Secret Garden Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 71 Restaurants in Placencia
Cuisines: Seafood, Caribbean, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Relax in our garden & enjoy our "Asia de Caribe" cuisine --- combining influences of Spanish, Caribbean and Creole Cuisine with Pan-Asian cooking and flavoring techniques. You'll want to experience our "Signature Stacked Ceviche" --Local Fresh Snapper Ceviche Over Wasabi Guacamole, Fresh Cream, Red Chili Sauce and Lime Essence..... We're located in Placencia Village, across from the basketball courts.
Royal Oak, Michigan
“Delicious food and great ambiance in Belize”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

We ate here 3 times during our stay and enjoyed each meal. Owner is super friendly and makes sure your dining experience is pleasurable. We ate the chicken lollipops, several seafood dishes, and desserts, which were all very tasty. Wine options by the glass were reasonable and tasty. A must visit in Placencia!

• Polish first
Manawa, wi
“Wonderful Restaurant, Wonderful Owner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

We just traveled to Belize in February of 2014 and the Secret Garden turned out to be our favorite restaurant. 2 days after being in Belize I got sick, I thought I had food poisoning from a different place we ate at but a lot of local people said the flu was going around. Long story short, I didn't eat again until Wed. only because I was forcing myself to. We found the Secret Garden and the owner greeted us at the door, I explained I was sick and just needed something simple, she was so sweet, she said she'd fix me whatever I wanted and being a vegetarian wasn't a problem, just tell her what I wanted. My husband wasn't sick and he loved his meal, I got soup and even though I wasn't hungry it still tasted really good. We went back again a few days later when I was better and the food was great! The owner is so nice and friendly, the environment of the restaurant is calm and pretty and she even has her three kitties lounging around for company. I would definitely recommend it to anyone!

• Visited February 2014
Ithaca, New York, United States
“You can't go wrong here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

Very good food served in a quiet, beautiful garden atmosphere. The kitchen even came up with a vegetarian dish that wasn't on the menu for us. Attentive service, great food and, since I don't remember the price, it must have been reasonable.

• Visited February 2014
Sedona, Arizona
“BEST FOOD IN BELIZE!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

WOW! Definitely a MUST EAT!!! The 4 of us traveling around Belize together have all been disappointed with the quality of food everywhere, but we finally found the perfect place in Placencia! It is apparent that a lot of love is put into this food, in both the quality and the people making it! The owner is especially friendly and all about consistency, which is rare in the restaurant business! If you're in Playa, definitely eat here. Every single meal we had was excellent and I can't wait to eat there again tomorrow night! Loved it!

Sedona, Arizona
“Best Meal I had in Belize, By FAR”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

This was the best meal I had in Belize by FAR. Most food in Belize for my pallet pretty much sucks. Almost everything Ive had is low quality food, low vibration energy put into the food and pretty much just gross, poor quality food. I even got sick off the poor quality right away.Not even food poisoning. Just threw up from how terrible the ingredients were and the lack of love put into the food. At the Secret Garden, I was blown away. Food was incredible. Big proportions, lots of flavor, fresh ingredients. Im one of the pickiest eaters out there and am accustomed to only high quality food and I loved this place. I got the Maya chicken and their homemade ginger ale as well as their chocolate cake.

Im stuff and satisfied! Feel like a million bucks. You will too. Definitely eat here!