“This is that kind of memorable dining spot you hope you'll find!”

The Secret Garden Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 81 Restaurants in Placencia
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Relax in our garden & enjoy our "Asia de Caribe" cuisine --- combining influences of Spanish, Caribbean and Creole Cuisine with Pan-Asian cooking and flavoring techniques. You'll want to experience our "Signature Stacked Ceviche" --Local Fresh Snapper Ceviche Over Wasabi Guacamole, Fresh Cream, Red Chili Sauce and Lime Essence..... We're located in Placencia Village, across from the basketball courts.
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Go. And if you go, you'll end up going again, despite the dizzying array of appealing spots in Placencia Village. When we arrived in town, we asked several locals where the "don't miss" spots were, and everyone named this place -- for good reason, we discovered. It has the hard-to-find blend of gourmet food, an exotically beautiful setting, and warm and friendly service. By the time we left, we were full (with leftovers, portions are ample), happy, and well-acquainted with the owner, Sabrina, who delights in turning her customers into friends. My husband is somewhat of a "gumbo aficionado," and remarked that it was the best he had ever had. I felt the same about the tempura wild grouper tenders with scampied garlic butter-lime sauce and gingered rice. Just outstanding. You'll have to look for the entrance (on left side of main village road as you drive south, see photo), but once through the archway, you are truly in a hidden garden of culinary delights. Dinner only. Full Bar. Great Sangria (red or white). You'll love it.

2  Thank EscapeRoute

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We visited the Secret Garden for dinner last night and I must say it was the best meal I've eaten so far while vacationing in Placencia. The restaurant is tucked away on the left side when traveling into the village of Placencia. When entering the restaurant I noticed very lush vegetation and lighting that made you feel like it was your own private dining in a "secret garden". The owner Sabrina was very welcoming upon our arrival making us feel like VIP's. The wait staff as well were very friendly and knowledgeable explaining in detail about a number of items on the menu that we had questions about. I ended up ordering the chop chop salad and Red Snapper Teppanyaki with coconut rice and asian slaw. The salad was so fresh I asked the waiter Shaw if they had their own garden on site. Also my entree the Red Snapper Teppanyaki was amazing. I did not have dessert because I was stuffed from my salad and entree. The food portions are big and the price is very reasonable. When i got back to my resort I saw 2 other couples that were also at the Secret Garden that night for dinner and both couples raved about their meal. I strongly recommend the Secret Garden as a must go for dining, exceptional food, exceptional service, an exceptional experience.

2  Thank Marc A
Reviewed January 15, 2014

The atmosphere is cozy and inviting and is truly a "secret garden". The owner, Sabrina is so personal and makes one feel very welcomed. The staff was also friendly and service was great. The food was exceptional. I ate every bite of the Red Snapper Teppanyaki...you must see my before and afters. The dish was so fresh and perfectly seasoned. My favorite meal on the trip. We also shared the Zuchini Strips and a chop salad that the veggies seemed just picked. I had a Ginger Martini and had to re-order another since it was so good! Kudos to the owner and staff. Can't wait to return.

Deanna & Marc

Reviewed January 12, 2014

the location is slightly inland and as a result, there are lots of bugs.

food was okay, they try.

service was incredibly inexperienced and slow, despite that the owner was there. (the owner was busy chatting up friends for most of our dinner, and while we were waiting for our check and the one waitress was handling seating new guests, clearing tables, collecting the checks - maybe the owner could lend a hand?!) as a guest at the restaurant, i was annoyed at how thoughtless and careless the owner could be.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Delicious food, well presented. Beautiful atmosphere, great service, and very friendly/outgoing owner who checked in with us on numerous occasions to see that we were getting the service we needed. I had the spicy sausage linguine and Caribbean caeser and both were very tasty!