“Amazing service, and great food.”

The Secret Garden Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 78 Restaurants in Placencia
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Relax in our garden & enjoy our "Asia de Caribe" cuisine --- combining influences of Spanish, Caribbean and Creole Cuisine with Pan-Asian cooking and flavoring techniques. You'll want to experience our "Signature Stacked Ceviche" --Local Fresh Snapper Ceviche Over Wasabi Guacamole, Fresh Cream, Red Chili Sauce and Lime Essence..... We're located in Placencia Village, across from the basketball courts.
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

I visited The Secret Garden recently on a trip with the Audubon Society of Portland. The hostess was very kind to us and I loved the atmosphere. The outside patio was decorated beautifully. It was definitely my favorite restaurant in Placencia. I highly recommend it!

1  Thank Kira_17

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Wow I loved this place. The food was fresh and it was real....what I mean by that is that it wasn't processed foods or minute rice or the like. It was real food prepared in tasty ways...I had the zucchini fries and fell in love. Then I had a chicken and veggie stir fry served over cilantro rice. It was way more tasty than I was expecting. I know people complain about the price but in my opinion REAL FOOD COSTS REAL MONEY! People used to spend 20% of their income just on food. It is now much lower cause we eat so many factory foods (and health care costs--should be called sick care-- are much higher). Do your body a favor and eat real food at the Secret Garden. I only found one other place that serves real food in Placencia (purple space monkey). Both were great but presentation and atmosphere and variety rocked at the Secret Garden! The owner was awesome too. You can tell she is doing what she loves!!

2  Thank Erin K
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Trying to be fancy! The meals and drinks here are about twice what you would expect to pay yet despite the fancy descriptions on the menu they are pretty standard! The setting is nice and the staff are lovely, although I did somehow have 3 extra drinks on my bill when I went to pay. I wouldn't bother going back again even if I were in placenta for two weeks.

1  Thank H00HAH
PlacenciaBelize, Owner at The Secret Garden Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to visit Placencia and our restaurant.

I appreciate the opportunity again to apologize for the error on my part of hand writing 3 sangria drink orders on your check. As I explained, I accidently wrote them on your check instead of the correct one. .As you know it was rectified immediately.

It is unfortunate if you did not enjoy your selection from our menu-- Everything is made fresh and to order.

Spicy Jambalaya
Shrimp, Sausage, Chicken, Spiced Red Rice, Tomato Compote

Caribbean Seafood Gumbo
Fresh Grouper, Sweet Shrimp, Sausage, Chicken, Local Okra Over Coconut Rice
In Spicy Creole Broth

Our prices for food and drink are in Belize Dollars ---, with 12.5 % sales tax included in the price.
In US dollars--- a beer is $2.50, glass of wine $7, Lime juice $2. Average food prices range between $7-$10 US Dollars for appetizers and $14-$18 US Dollars for dinner. Again, 12.5% of that is sales tax.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to put this in perspective. I hope that your overall experience in Belize was stellar.

Kind regards,

Sabrina

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We returned to this mostly outdoor dining experience with family friends. The atmosphere continues to be relaxing, friendly, with excellent service. The hostess has the ability to make everyone feel "at home" with her open, friendly and welcoming presence. Sitting beneath the trees, with a full moon overhead, and sampling some of the best food in Belize made this another great evening to remember

1  Thank Miami42
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Food and service was outstanding at the Secret Garden. Sabrina, the owner was friendly and very helpful in explaining the menu and our options. Visited in lobster season and can't say enough about how good the food was. Love the cocktail list as well- inventive and top quality. Comfortable and beautiful setting. Highly recommended!