“quick stop in Placencia”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Placencia
Three Iguanas Villa
Reviewed April 25, 2010

I thoroughly enjoyed my two nights at the Three Iguanas and would definitely return and bring friends. After a short work visit to the Belize Lodge and Excursion I took the quick flight from Punta Gorda (30 min on Tropic Air) and landed in Placencia. $6US taxi dropped me at Three Iguanas 5 min later and I was given executive summary of Placencia by Stephano.

I stayed on the third floor studio unit, well equipped room with one queen bed, air conditioner (which I didn't need due to great windows and good ventilation, shower/toilet cut out and nice sink in the room. Closet offered good storage as well as safe for valuables. Outside the rooms was a small fridge, microwave, utensils etc. Oh, and outside the door is the wonderful deck with views of the lagoon, small deck pool, outside shower and sink for evening bbq.

Having only two nights I jumped on one of the cruiser bikes and road a couple minutes into town. Having never been to the area before I checked out the location of the various restaurants and shops to book snorkeling the following day. Off the street, between the town and the beach, is the real "main street" which is a small boardwalk with local bakeries, restaurants and shops only found by walking.

As a single traveler I felt comfortable at Three Igunas though I was the only guest at the house (the other guests had taken a couple days adventure away from Placencia). Sylvia who caretakes the house lives downstairs with her sons and I always felt someone was close by. I liked being out of town a bit as it was peaceful to relax on the deck at sunset and sit by the laguna in the morning.

If I hadn't used the bike it would have been a bit of a longer walk (15 min or so) into the center of town so the bike was perfect. There are numerous opportunities for good food and adventure experiences all with still feeling you are experiencing a "local" area vs a tourist destination. I loved De'Tatch Seafood Beach Bar & Grill, free wireless and casual/good food and rum drinks. Splash Dive shop for diving and snorkeling tours is highly recommended. Sweet Dreams for coffee and fresh baked goods (Italian owned). Rum Fish and Vino is upscale, hip, good music. Tuti Fruti offers REAL gelato, perfect post beach day.

Before I left I had a quick tour of the other units. This would be an IDEAL place to rent with a number of friends or a family. The main unit is a full apartment with wonderful kitchen and two bedrooms. The other two units can connect but remain separate. Overall ideal.

My first visit to Placencia and the Three Iguanas Villa was a success, I'll return.

Kathy

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank KathyDragon

Reviewed April 19, 2010

Outstanding!!! My girlfriend and I stayed at Three Iguanas Villa on the second floor for 12 nights. We thoroughly explored Placencia and researched other accommodations. Three Iguanas is ABSOLUTLY where we would stay again. Perfect location; right on the edge of town, so its close to everything but quiet and private. Right on the water of a private canal. Swimming pool, great views, great rooms and kitchen. Stefano and Sofia take great care of you while you are there. This place would be excellent for a family too.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2010

My wife, sister inlaw and husband and I stayed at the 3 Iguanas Villa for a week in March. The house was beautiful with more than enough room for the 4 of us. We rented the entire villa even though we only really needed the 2nd floor ( 1 room studio apartment on the 3rd floor, 2 bedroom, 2 bath, living, dining and full kitchen on 2nd floor and 1st floor 2 bedroom, kitchenette) We wanted the privacy of not sharing the villa with other guests. The villa's location was a short walk away from Placencia Village; the restaurants, bars markets and shops as well as a short walk to the Caribbean beach. The lagoon steps from the door or the roof top pool provided quick access to a refreshing dip. The villa's dock on the lagoon was also a convenient location for my fly fishing guide, Dermin Shivers, to pick us up for 3 days of permit, bone and tarpon fishing.
Dermin also provided the 4 of us a with a guided tour of the Monkey River.
Our stay was made "no worries" due in large parts to Stefano, the property manager and Sofia, his right hand. Anything we needed, they were available to help, not to mention Stefano's personality, stories and humor.
Our favorites in Placencia; De Tatch, Rumfish, Wendy's and Tutti Frutti

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2010

We loved our recent stay at the Three Iguanas Villa. If you are staying in Placencia and looking for a peaceful and comfortable hotel, and you don't want to be at a resort you can't do better for location the Three Iguanas. It is a five minute walk to the beach, but away from the main noise and bustle of the town and tourist strip. We spent hours reading in the comfortable lounge chairs on the balcony that overlooks the canal behind the villa. When we got hot we jumped in the rooftop plunge pool. We slept well and long and enjoyed being able to keep some food in the fridge in our room so we didn't have to eat out for every meal.

Stephano, the hotel manager was so friendly and helpful and directed us to great restaurants and shops in town. He set us up with bicycles, a cell phone we could purchase minutes for, and was generally just responsive and anxious to see that we had a great vacation. Thanks, Stefano & Sofia!

This little hotel has lots of great places to relax and we loved our stay. It would also be perfect if we were to return to Placencia with family members/small children.

Charlotte & Brian

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2010

Gorgeous views and sunsets. Rooftop pool......Really nice rooms and beds. An onsite staff and Stephano Ragagnin who manages the place will serve your every need. Lovely town and nice beaches. Great SCUBA diving and very laid back atmosphere.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 31, 2010

We had a great time at the 3 Iguanas . The house is really nice , the location on the water is perfect and Stefano and Sofia were really friendly and helpful .

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 7, 2009

I had a great stay at the villa following an ecotourism conference in Belize. 3 Iguanas has great service but a private setting including phone, snorkeling equipment, cable tv, etc. I will definitely return again.

Placencia itself is an amazing beach town with nice restaurants and access to the reef offshore, where it is clean and pristine.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business