“Paradise really lived up to its name”

Paradise Vacation Hotel
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Placencia
Reviewed June 8, 2009

I was on a vacation to Placencia and was spending few days out at sea sailing. I was a bit disappointed with the service of the Sailing company that I had been sailing a few days with. After I return to mainland Placencia my trip turned to the better when i fortunately found a wonderful little resort with ice cold air conditioned rooms which was much appreciated after hot days at sea. Service and food was exceptional and i really appreciated special attention the manager, Tiffany gave us. She made us felt right at home. Difinetly recommend if you visit placencia.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 26, 2009

Paradise Vacation Hotel is not easy to find but well worth the search. Fortunately the hotel staff will pick you up at the airport so you don't get lost. The hotel is tucked away right on the water with a fantastic view. The owners have completely refurbished the hotel and it shows. Clean rooms, fresh paint, air conditioned rooms, gift shop, internet access. The hotel has a small friendly resort feel. They have two water front rooms which are worth the price. These rooms come with a private balcony, small fridge and plenty of space. The hotel also offers less expensive rooms which are just as clean and nicely decorated so if you are on a budget you will not be disappointed. The hotel offered just about everything we wanted. Service, convenience, safety, romance and adventure. The service and convenience were our favorite aspects of this hotel. The hotel staff will arrange any type of trip you want, Monkey River Tours, Sailing Adventures, Snorkeling and Diving. Most of the tour boats pick you up right at the hotel dock. The hotel boasts its own dive shop (and tour guides) so you don't need to drag all that stuff in your suit case. The dive shop even had kyaks that we used. If you prefer relaxing like me they offer a private spa area for a local massages. It was so nice and convenient to just walk right out on the dock to get my massage. The hotel restaurant was always open and several times the owner came by and offered to make anything we wanted even if it wasn't on the menu. The restaurant bar is open air with a great view of the water and sailboats mooring. We thoroughly enjoyed happy hour (try the margarita made with fresh local limes). We met many friendly locals and fellow tourists who seem to wander in around that time. The hotel has a roof top area with a jacuzzi. Personally, we loved sitting up on that roof at night and star gazing. We had several evenings when it was just the two of us and the stars and the bar is just a fight of stairs away. Although it is tempting to never leave the resort, the walk to town is just up the beach or you can rent a golf cart right from the hotel. Definitely go to town and explore the local shops and restaurants too. We will be returning to Belize in June for Lobsterfest and we have already booked one of those great rooms at Paradise Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2009

We stayed at the Paradise for two nights. Its a nice place, sort of a mini resort. We were staying at another hotel and due to a misunderstanding, on short notice we had to relocate at 8 pm in the evening. Tiffany and her staff at the Paradise rose to the occasion, and by 9 pm we were moved and unpacking. They even held the restaurant open past 9 pm closing so we could get a bite to eat.

We stayed in one of the large rooms on the second floor. Very nice room, coffee maker, fridge, large bathroom. Very large balcony overlooking the bay. The room seems new or just remodeled. There was a room safe but I couldn't get it to work- I think it needed batteries. The cable hookup to the TV wasn't yet working in our room. No problem- we're on vacation. They have wireless internet but I could only get a connection in the restaurant/bar area.

We ate at the restaurant there two nights. The first night we ordered blacked grouper- a bit over cooked/over spiced. The second was snapper Placencia- very nicely cooked & delicious. Highly recommended.

They have a nice bar open to the beach and happy hour beers are only US$1.50.

We were out fishing during the days so I can't give an opinion on daytime activities. They have a small spa and dive shop, plus ocean kayaks.

All in all a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 27, 2009

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed visiting Paradise Resort from our boat anchored in the bay a short dinghy ride from the pier. Alan and his staff were exceptionally cordial to us and all the other cruisers there even though we did not stay in their rooms. The food was quite tasty and the drink selection was plentiful. We highly recommend anyone coming to Placencia stay here.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2009

This is a clean, well run hotel that was recently refurbished by the genial owner alan.He has some great introductory rates on rooms and rates include use of kayaks.The hotel and rooms are nicely done and very clean.Oh did i mention the best shower we had in belize in our 5 weeks there.All in all a sweet place to stay--dee and craig

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2009

I stayed at the Paradise Vacation Hotel and it was the best vacation of my life. I have visited the Caribbean many times. Jamaica, the Bahamas, but have I never had a great time such as this. Belize was like being in Paradise.

The accommodations were great, the hotel staff was very nice. The view from the hotel was fantastic. The hotel staff was so nice; they treated my like royalty instead of a guess. It was as if I was family.

My hotel room was right on the water. My room and bath was like that of a four star hotel. They had this restaurant and bar that I absolutely loved. They had fresh seafood that was cooked to perfection. I as a gourmet cook am not easy to please. The libations at the bar were absolutely hevenly.

Now, I've been at fine hotels before, but this place was something else. Everyone was so interested in me having great time. They gave me a questionnaire to fine out my interests. I am a avid fisherman and I love swimming. They booked me on a fishing trip and a snorkeling excursion.

While in Placencia, I was fortunate enough to meet the woman of my dreams. She is a true Caribbean Queen. Her name is Shelmadine. After meeting her, my life was never the same. I am returning in June to marry her. I am going to have our wedding and reception at the Paradise Hotel and bring her back to America with me.

One might say that I was so taken with this place because I met my Shelmadine there. They may be right. However, before I met Shelly, I was having a ball. The only thing that could make it perfect was meeting Shelly. We intend to make this place a part of annual vacation trip every year. For years to come.

I doubt if anyone else comes here and meet the woman of their dreams. However, anyone can come here and have a ball. If you are here in June, you are invited to the wedding.

God Bless All

Darrell K. Langdon

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed February 2, 2009

there were 2 of us that stayed at PARADISE and it was a wonderful stay. the units were very clean, spacious and the patio was a extra plus! the food at the resort is very delicious! we didn't even go to other places to eat, we ate right at the resort.
the owner and staff are very nice, friendly and helpful! they go out of their way to welcome you and make you feel very comfortable.
they have a roof top view of the whole village and ocean and sailboats, awesome! i highly suggest for everyone to go to this resort, you will not ever regret!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)