“Excellent Food!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Maya Beach Hotel Bistro

Maya Beach Hotel Bistro
Ranked #2 of 71 Restaurants in Placencia
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, International, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We're certainly far from perfect, but we do try our best to create a winning experience for every single customer, whether they are hotel guests, Belizean neighbors or travelers staying at other hotels. Try pairing small plates with wines, choose from our creative main courses, or just enjoy some comfort food for breakfast or lunch. It's fun for us to meet new people and, well, just make them happy! Our casual beach bistro focuses on unique sauces and contemporary, tropical-themed flavor combinations while maintaining comfortable portions. Lots of fish and seafood. Bar service includes a 130-bottle wine list, local beer, rum drinks, and house specials. The outdoor atmosphere is casual so you can be comfortable in flip flops. Belize's "Restaurant of the Year" award was presented twice to the Bistro in June 2011 and May 2013.
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Excellent Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

We know why Maya Bistro has such a great reputation. They have earned it. Awesome food three meals a day. Our last dinner in Maya Beach was there, and it didn't disappoint. The Cacao rubbed pork chop was the best I've ever had anywhere. With an extensive wine list, attentive service, and a beautiful spot on the beach, our experiences there could not have been any better.
Do not omit this restaurant if you are on the Placencia Peninsula! You will regret it.

Visited June 2014

Atlanta, GA
“Great meal, wonderful host!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stopped for dinner at the Bistro the night they opened after a three-week vacation. Our host, the owner, was fabulous! We asked about local wines and she had our waiter bring us complimentary glasses of local Craboo liquour. The food was fabulous and the view amazing. We took cinnamon rolls home for breakfast the next morning!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank jpw420
Irvine, California
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

The food is truly world class. Who would of thought? Out in Belize. The fish is fresh and the desserts were delicious. We are breakfast lunch and dinner there three days in a row. It's that good. Stay at the hotel. You will be glad you did.

• Visited July 2013
Tartu, Estonia
“Best in the region”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

We have been eating here a number of times and in most cases we were very pleased. Be specific when placing the order and you will besatisfied

Visited March 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“O.M.G. !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Did I go to heaven for a little bit biting into that food? Yes. Yes I did. And it was a lovely place, let me tell you. It melted onto my tongue first, then slid into my tastebuds (I don't know if they actually open but it doesn't matter, what they were experiencing was amazing), and I was transported.The meat was perfect.Tender. Succcccculent. I don't even know what the meal was listed as, as I was too busy savoring and forgot, but I know it had pork and some kind of fancy, delightfully light and flavourful corn bread. Show them my photo and they'll recognize it so you can order it. This chef is talented. Extremely talented. The sauce was MADE for this meal, it complimented it perfectly. Tangy and delicious. I seriously did not know I was a foodie until I went to Placencia, but this restaurant stood out among the rest. I haven't eaten many things in my entire life that tasted that good. I highly recommend the Bistro. My companion was just as impressed with his shrimp dish (Bisque??) as well. Man I enjoyed that. When I go back this year I am heading for this place again. The hostess came and introduced herself and asked how we were enjoying everything, and they let us take our drinks out onto the pier afterward to enjoy the view out there. It was all so marvelous. Go. Seriously, go there.

• Visited May 2014