“Best food in Maya Beach!”

Maya Beach Hotel Bistro
Ranked #2 of 81 Restaurants in Placencia
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view
Description: We're certainly far from perfect, but we do try our best to create a winning experience for every single customer, whether they are hotel guests, Belizean neighbors or travelers staying at other hotels. Try pairing small plates with wines, choose from our creative main courses, or just enjoy some comfort food for breakfast or lunch. It's fun for us to meet new people and, well, just make them happy! Our casual beach bistro focuses on unique sauces and contemporary, tropical-themed flavor combinations while maintaining comfortable portions. Lots of fish and seafood. Bar service includes a 130-bottle wine list, local beer, rum drinks, and house specials. The outdoor atmosphere is casual so you can be comfortable in flip flops. Belize's "Restaurant of the Year" award was presented twice to the Bistro in June 2011 and May 2013.
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Hands down the best food, ambiance and service of any if the restraints I visited in Maya Beach in my recent trip to Belize. The waitstaff was courteous and attentive without bring overbearing a do the fluid was delicious. You must try the fish tacos. Just amazing!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,499)

Reviewed May 23, 2014

I'm living in Punta Gorda, Toledo District, Belize so coming north to Placencia and Maya Beach was a real treat. Three times I experienced the divine breakfast, with lovely fruit, interesting and satisfying shrimp & grits, and to-do-for cinnamon roles. I also treated myself to one dinner there and sample several appetizers and enjoyed the only glass of red wine I've had in Belize. The coconut/pumpkin/chili soup has so many favors in each spoonful - GET IT! The staff are friendly and helpful and very attentive. Setting is top notch. Highly recommend.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

We wanted to try this restaurant based on recommendations we received from others. Our meal was great. I had the vegetarian grilled cheese and it was wonderful! Husband had the pork chop and it was immense and so tender. Really nice place right on the beach. A must-try!

Reviewed May 17, 2014

We ate here on the recommendation of a local in Hopkins. I'm really not much of a breakfast person, but my husband is. This fantastic restaurant made me love breakfast. They have the BEST fresh-squeezed orange juice I've ever had. I would go back here just for that, even if the food hadn't been divine too. I had a wonderful breakfast of spicy potatoes with cheese and a yummy sauce, topped with eggs. My husband had a wonderful eggs benedict- the hollandaise sauce was really well done. Really, really worth a stop.

1  Thank Wendy L
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here at the hotel for 4 night and ate most of our meals here. We ate in town 1 day and regretted it. We are from San Antonio, TX and have never been to a restaurant this amazing. Even when the waiters would explain the special, our jaws would drop! Service was wonderful, the view of the ocean perfect and the dining was unforgettable. This is a must in any trip to Placencia!

1  Thank LAcameron29